Daycare and childcare providers in Winnipeg, Toronto, Vancouver, Ontario etc. in CanadaGarderies à Montréal ou au QuébecFind daycare or childcare providers in the USA
Forum control
+ Reply to Thread
    Expansive...

Oh boy, today was enough to make anyone want to throw in the towel...

Holy crap, what a morning!

1) I have a daycare family (siblings) on holidays so I had some openings for drop in care. The 17 month old who came for this morning (just this morning) did BRUTAL. SCREAMED for 2 hrs straight, this brutally loud scream after his mom left, and would not let me near him to comfort him.
    2) 3 ys old dcg has 2 explosive diarrhea accidents in her pants and basically anything else she was around. Had a difficult time getting ahold of Mom who was in a meeting, but finally did and she was picked up after I showered her (a must)
    3) My own 2 yrs old suddenly spiked a high fever and cried on and off the whole morning.
    4) I dropped the pot of pasta on the floor and had to quickly make up sandwiches.
    5) Catty 6 yrs old girls. (enough said)

The whole morning felt utterly chaotic when usually I run a smooth, seamless transitiong morning. Not to mention I'm pregnant, and had the gagging attack of this century cleaning up the poop.

Holy moly, hoping tomorrow is a MUCH better day!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Hope everyone else had a good morning! I'm exahusted!!!!!!!!!!! !!!

Oh Lou ~ WOW that is a sucky morning for sure ... I will admit the screaming 17 month old is why I would never do drop in care unless it was for a past client who 'knew me and the program' cause for me it is just not worth it to listen to that for an extra days pay

Sending smooth sailing afternoon vibes and vibes that no one else catches whatever caused the diarrhea bout for your 3 year old dcg!!!!
    Children construct their own intelligence. The adult must provide activities and context, but most of all must be able to listen. Children need proof that adults believe in them. Their three great desires are to be listened to, to understand, and to demonstrate that they are exactly what we expect."
    Loris Malaguzzi

IT CAN ONLY GET BETTER!!!!! WHAT DOESNT KILL YOU ONLY MAKES YOU STRONGER!!!!!
    THIS TOO SHALL PASS!!!!!! What else? OOOOH, my Mom always just looked at me and said. "You'll Live! ha ha. All kidding aside.....hope tomorrow is GREAT.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to kidlove For This Useful Post:

Starting to feel at home... Toregone's Avatar
    Oh my heart goes out to you. Sounds like a craptactular morning. Hopefully the afternoon is better or at least your evening.

This was a day when anything that could go wrong did........and you handled it! Congratulations

Euphoric !
    Oh wow! That's a baaaaaad morning. I have bad mornings sometimes usually when we are inside due to rain like today and I usually drop things when I'm really tired. All I spilled today was some cottage cheese so not hardly as bad a day as yours Lou, so sorry!

jec
    Quote Originally Posted by Lou View Post
    Not to mention I'm pregnant, and had the gagging attack of this century cleaning up the poop.
    OMG I'm sorry but you made me giggle- on top of everything eh!! Get some rest and tomorrow has to be better !!

I think I puked in my mouth a bit....I'm preggers too - the whole BM thing - NOT COOL. lol Someone here usually has a BM everyday, and I get gagging, which hubby is in the next room asking - you ok? NO.

Sorry you had a horrid morning. Here's hoping tomorrow is better - TGIF! <3

Expansive...
    The thing is, if it's in a diaper, I have no problem with it...but since it was in her underwear I friggin lost it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks ladies..I needed the sympathy! LOL!

Shy
    There are so many times I just want to throw in the towel!! I congrat you for keeping your chin up and your breakfast in!!!
    Hope your day is better. You should print your post to remind you you survived this day.