Daycare and childcare providers in Winnipeg, Toronto, Vancouver, Ontario etc. in CanadaGarderies à Montréal ou au QuébecFind daycare or childcare providers in the USA
Forum control
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
    Is this an only child? Sounds like the typical "high expectation" parents! you may have a little of a tough time ahead of you. Apples and bananas is right! you should, when you first meet a parent let them know that the childs sched has to at least be near your sched in the daycare or things may not work out. I always ask parents if the child naps and what time. if the time is dif from our nap time I suggest to the parent that the child be slowly moved as close as possible, for hte betterment of ALL in care. you cant have one up and crying while the others are napping, not to mention you also need a little break! Sounds like they may be a little controlling, i have had dads do the very same thing to me before, doesnt feel good when you feel like you are constantly being observed and overlooked! If I where you I would let them know the child (although young yet) does need to be on same sched as the rest of the kids, just gently inform them, you will do your best in every way pos to make her days like they are at home but let them know that there are some areas you really need all the kids to be on the same page, and nap is one of them. maybe you can attempt to push the others
    30 min or so toward this childs nap time and meet in the middle? Dont forget to remind the parent also: daycare can be VERY stimulating to a 12 mo old all day long as well, resulting in some changes for the childs sleep pattern at night. maybe she needs a extra little efternoon nap to help compensate the extra stimulation?

Re: giving too much info. I agree, I am a BIG helper! When I have new parents, I always want to help them whereever I can.....some parents dont want your help. I have new parents right now, their daughter is 5 mo. and I have learned to keep my comments low and mind my own business. I just do what they ask and try and keep them happy, they too seems a little picky. I also feel a little "egg-shellish". I read them in the beginning an drealized the books they have read and the doctors advice is more valuable to them than my point of view, so.....when they pick up at night, I answer questions quick and let them know the babies last bottle. no more details than needed. they are just that kind of people, the more you say...the more they seem to question you.

jec
    They aren't new parents but, they have a 5 year old so it's been a while. They have however noticed that I"m being polite and saying quick hello at drop off and mentioning the little one had a good day and have a good night- good bye. I send a report at the end of each day with information for them but again, watching how much info I give out
    If they micro manage then it won't work....I got out of my last job for that reason. The email was lovely and I think the unknown some times can be stressful for parents- I've been there dropping my own off at daycare before. I don't see them being like that, I'm taking the email as a new start and so far so good
    Even more awesome is the little one is sleeping no problem and it's working! However...we will be taking a trip to drop off my kids at school which will be during the little ones' first nap but, they were made aware of it. Hopefully the little one naps on our walk or she will be moving to our schedule sooner than later