Daycare and childcare providers in Winnipeg, Toronto, Vancouver, Ontario etc. in CanadaGarderies à Montréal ou au QuébecFind daycare or childcare providers in the USA
Forum control
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Single mothers

I understood your post Cocoon and can be offended without being labeled by your sterotype. I stand by my post.

I need cheap childcare for my 9month old son. I cant afford to put him in a high class daycare thats why i am asking. i am trying to look for a job during the day as i am pregnant with my thrid child and need to makd extra cash. so if u know anyone please email thanks

I just saw this on kijiji unf. these are the moms that give the ones who try a bad name...Sigh.

Euphoric !
    Cocoon ..... I helped one of those hard done by moms once and offered her free clothes as she stood in my house holding the box she mentioned she was a nurse at one of out hospitals here in eastern Ontario .... I just about grabbed the box out if her hands .... Never again.

I know of another" single mom" and she is defrauding the welfare system cause CSA took her child away from her and she has gotten her new landlord to write a letter to say she is raising her child as a single mom to the welfare office and so she gets extra money each month for the child she doesn't even have as well as
    the child tax credit and that other one where you get $100/month for each child under 6. She has been ratted out on. Hope she
    gets a hefty fine and kicked off the system. I hope the courts give her little to no access to her kid also. She's a lousy mother. People like that make me sick. I think too much is being handed out by out government and I think if people had to look after
    themselves and their children without all the handouts they would be thinking twice about whether to bring a child into this world ..... I have five kids and worked to make money to raise them

Quote:
    Crayola, I have seen those ads too. It makes me wonder if there are people who help them. Give them what they want? Some people![/QUOTE]
    Last edited by Crayola kiddies; 08-13-2012 at 06:48 PM.

Starting to feel at home... Toregone's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Crayola kiddies View Post
    Cocoon ..... I helped one of those hard done by moms once and offered her free clothes as she stood in my house holding the box she mentioned she was a nurse at one of out hospitals here in eastern Ontario .... I just about grabbed the box out if her hands .... Never again.

I know of another" single mom" and she is defrauding the welfare system cause CSA took her child away from her and she has gotten her new landlord to write a letter to say she is raising her child as a single mom to the welfare office and so she gets extra money each month for the child she doesn't even have as well as
    the child tax credit and that other one where you get $100/month for each child under 6. She has been ratted out on. Hope she
    gets a hefty fine and kicked off the system. I hope the courts give her little to no access to her kid also. She's a lousy mother. People like that make me sick. I think too much is being handed out by out government and I think if people had to look after
    themselves and their children without all the handouts they would be thinking twice about whether to bring a child into this world ..... I have five kids and worked to make money to raise them
    I know of people like this as well and it sickens me. Children are not a meal ticket. They are not to be used for money. I understand getting what you are entitled to but to defraud the system is not right. I know of several people that keep having more children so they gain additional welfare monies. One in particular has several children by several men and has admitted to lying to at least one of the men and saying she was on the pill when she was not.

Not everyone should be tarred with this brush but I will admit that there are reasons these stereotypes exist.

My husband went through a nasty divorce (she quit her job, cleaned out their joint banks accounts out & maxed the credit cards and kicked him out all within 2 days). She, by law was allowed to continue to live in their marital home (a home he had purchased outright before they even met), while he was advised by his lawyer to keep paying all of the bills associated with that home. He rented a room in a dingy house (all he could afford). 8 months later, she left the house (trashed it completely) to move in with another guy. My husband and her have 1 child together and she had a child on her own before they met. My husband pays full child support for both boys as does the partner she split up with recently...so, she is getting full child support for 1 from biological dad #1 ($650/month), full support from my husband for step child ($1256/Month) & the son that is theirs AND get this, full child support from bio Dad # 3 for child # 3 that they had together & for the other 2 (because he assumed a step parent role to them) that she's already getting full support from ($1191).
    That's over $3100/month of non-taxable income (in a town where the average 3 bedroom house rents for about $800/month)...plus all the other tax credits she must get for the 3 boys. Meanwhile, my husband, 10 years later has just been able to crawl out of the massive debt (legal & otherwise) that came out of this from an ex-wife who was smart enough to know the system.

And ironically, you would never ever see her on Kijiji...their boys saw me looking at Kijiji and claim that their mom said she "wouldn't be caught dead buying used crap".
    Last edited by Dreamalittledream; 08-13-2012 at 08:17 PM.
    Children are great imitators.
    So give them something great to imitate.

~Anonymous~

Euphoric !
    I don't understand why people should be "entitled" to money because they had a child and weren't bright enough to think through how they were going to support this child. If having a child "entitles" you to money then I should be rolling in dough with five kids. ... I totally understand people lose their jobs or become ill and can not work and are forced to use the system and that's legit ..... But to feel entitled because you have a child ...I just can't wrap my head around that.

Euphoric !
    Dream .... Those are the kind if people I hate .... I'm not sure how one person can get child support from different people for the same children ..... That just seems so wrong.

You do realize you are not talking about single moms now, but about fraudsters.......... ..there is a huge difference, please be able to seperate the two. Sometimes women make a mistake and find themselves as single Moms, they need the system to survive, we need to be there for them. There are many different aspects to the "single Mom" title. Lets be careful we do not paint everyone with the same brush PLEASE.

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to mimi For This Useful Post:

Ya ~ I would define this behaviour as 'gold digger syndrome' and it has nothing to do with being 'single' or male of female .... people with behaviour like this behave the same whether they are single or not .... they look for ways to improve their lot in life by exploiting any means necessary including their kids if they have them
    Children construct their own intelligence. The adult must provide activities and context, but most of all must be able to listen. Children need proof that adults believe in them. Their three great desires are to be listened to, to understand, and to demonstrate that they are exactly what we expect."
    Loris Malaguzzi

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Inspired by Reggio For This Useful Post:

Starting to feel at home... Toregone's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Dreamalittledream View Post
    My husband went through a nasty divorce (she quit her job, cleaned out their joint banks accounts out & maxed the credit cards and kicked him out all within 2 days). She, by law was allowed to continue to live in their marital home (a home he had purchased outright before they even met), while he was advised by his lawyer to keep paying all of the bills associated with that home. He rented a room in a dingy house (all he could afford). 8 months later, she left the house (trashed it completely) to move in with another guy. My husband and her have 1 child together and she had a child on her own before they met. My husband pays full child support for both boys as does the partner she split up with recently...so, she is getting full child support for 1 from biological dad #1 ($650/month), full support from my husband for step child ($1256/Month) & the son that is theirs AND get this, full child support from bio Dad # 3 for child # 3 that they had together & for the other 2 (because he assumed a step parent role to them) that she's already getting full support from ($1191).
    That's over $3100/month of non-taxable income (in a town where the average 3 bedroom house rents for about $800/month)...plus all the other tax credits she must get for the 3 boys. Meanwhile, my husband, 10 years later has just been able to crawl out of the massive debt (legal & otherwise) that came out of this from an ex-wife who was smart enough to know the system.

And ironically, you would never ever see her on Kijiji...their boys saw me looking at Kijiji and claim that their mom said she "wouldn't be caught dead buying used crap".
    Wow the laws must be really different in Ontario. I'm boggled that someone can get child support from more than 1 person for the same child. I really don't think that's right at all. And I agree with the above that this is a gold digger and a fraudster. Unfortunatly other single moms get painted with this image because cases like this are so horrible and they stay in peoples minds.