Daycare and childcare providers in Winnipeg, Toronto, Vancouver, Ontario etc. in CanadaGarderies à Montréal ou au QuébecFind daycare or childcare providers in the USA
Forum control
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Today, I decided that I was going to put her in a booster with a safety belt. Before I could tell her that we were going to do that, she asked me to be placed in one. lol. That made my job easier. She seemed happier and ate for the first time in a long time....I mean REALLY ate! Maybe she just wasn't comfortable sitting at a big table without a booster. Mom said that she does not use a booster at home. Oh well, it worked today. AND....as far as her disruptive napping... Wait! I need to tell you a little bit about my 4 year old son first.

My 4 year old son LOVES that I have a daycare. He loves babies and children. He loves the routien, the activities...etc.. He has gotten to the point where he knows what happens after what. He knows what punishments I use for different inappropriate behaviours...etc.. He has heard me tell my 2.5 dc child to go back to sleep when she wakes up crying after 20 minutes. So....that being said, here is the rest of my story about nap time today:

Today was my dream nap time!! All the children went to sleep without much of a fuss...even my own 1 year old teething son. lol. The 2 year old boy whined a little bit off and on, but I think he just felt lonely. My 2.5 year old dc girl went to sleep without a fuss. I did not hear a peep from her at all. My son must have because I heard him say in a very firm tone: "Close your eyes and go back to sleep, <name>.". Then, I didn't hear anything from any of them until 2:45pm. lol. I got so much done and had time just for me. I absolutely feel great today because of it. I am usually feeling quite frazzled by the end of the day. lol.

Now, I am afraid for what tomorrow has in store for me with an 11 month old and 4 year old arriving just after nap time has begun. I hired a teenager that I know well to assist me for 2hrs tomorrow, so that the 4 year olds can just go play outside while I nap-train the 11 month old. I am scared! :|

Ok...the 2.5 year old first: I have a nephew who is the VERY same way. I have been doing daycare for a long time and had some kids that are similar but never this bad. If he wasnt family I think I would have thrown in the towel, so "kudos" to you for sticking it out. I know she is prbly the cutest little thing in the world, but to me it sounds like she might know it. is her mom a stay home mommy? or just a "cottler" or perhaps just the oposite? maybe she has separation issues, because mom works too much? hmmmm. either way, you need to "re-build" this sweet girl from the ground up, and it will take alot of patience and quite a bit of time. you need to inch her naps longer and longer, by reminding her to go back to sleep or just letting her cry it out, until she realizes she has no choice. you have to leave her at the table and get her to eat alone, its just crazy to think she will only eat while on your lap. sounds like she want ALOT of attention ALL DAY LONG!!!! obviously you know whats good for her. maybe she needs an extra nap in the afternoon? The one thing I have kearned about little ones like this is: you cant allow them to manipulate your day, you have to do the oposite....you have to manipulate their wants to YOUR day. in the end EVERYONE will be happier, including the child. bottom line though....the parents have to be willing to work with you, this includes pos changing the way they are doing things at home, sounds to me she gets what she wants a little too much!

ha ha ....too cute about your son! they really do learn early.