Daycare and childcare providers in Winnipeg, Toronto, Vancouver, Ontario etc. in CanadaGarderies à Montréal ou au QuébecFind daycare or childcare providers in the USA
Forum control
+ Reply to Thread

Opening day home in lacombe Alberta. Liscensed/unlicensed

Hi!
    I am new to this forum and have recently been thinking about opening a day home here in alberta. I have a 17 month old and am thinking of taking on 4-5 kids per day, I understand it is 2 kids under two and three under three and a max of six including or excluding your own right? For an unliscensed day home...
    I was curious about the benefits of becoming liscensed such as government funding ect. Does anyone have a better idea of what those grants/ findings are? My biggest hesitation about becoming liscensed is I do not own my home, I rent and from what I understand, their is a minimum homeowners insurance that is required and therefor I would have to talk with my landlords depending on how worth it the grants funding is to become liscensed. I was also wondering how payment and taxes get taken care of for being unliscensed. What documents will parents need from me? And do I just claim my income at the end of the year and pay my taxes annually or is there a way to do it quarterly?
    I sure would appreciate any help with these questions!
    Thanks! Nikki

Where you ever able to get the answers you were looking for?

Quote Originally Posted by nikkibbp View Post
    Hi!
    I am new to this forum and have recently been thinking about opening a day home here in alberta. I have a 17 month old and am thinking of taking on 4-5 kids per day, I understand it is 2 kids under two and three under three and a max of six including or excluding your own right? For an unliscensed day home...
    I was curious about the benefits of becoming liscensed such as government funding ect. Does anyone have a better idea of what those grants/ findings are? My biggest hesitation about becoming liscensed is I do not own my home, I rent and from what I understand, their is a minimum homeowners insurance that is required and therefor I would have to talk with my landlords depending on how worth it the grants funding is to become liscensed. I was also wondering how payment and taxes get taken care of for being unliscensed. What documents will parents need from me? And do I just claim my income at the end of the year and pay my taxes annually or is there a way to do it quarterly?
    I sure would appreciate any help with these questions!
    Thanks! Nikki