Daycare and childcare providers in Winnipeg, Toronto, Vancouver, Ontario etc. in CanadaGarderies à Montréal ou au QuébecFind daycare or childcare providers in the USA
Forum control
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Starting to feel at home...
    Considering that you don't have to go pick him up from the school, and he's only there for under an hour, absolutely I would do it.

jec
    I think it sounds like a great Disney savings plan!! If your not going over your numbers ~ go for it!! Like you said, if it's not working out, you can give notice.

Shy
    Quote Originally Posted by fruitloop View Post
    Ya, but see...if I found that after a month or 2 it wasn't working for me, I'd get rid of them. I have no issues with that and I wouldn't continue doing it if I was unhappy with the situation. I don't put up with unruly children or inconsiderate parents. The mother is fully aware that there will be no one here his age to play with and I don't expect my kids to play with daycare kids and keep them entertained...that's not their job. I don't need this kid at all so it's not a loss to me if it doesn't work out.
    Oh hey forsure, it of course it totally up to you, and yes you could terminate if it doesnt work out. I was under the impression from your first post that you dont typically prefer taking school aged children as you said you dont tolerate them for long periods. Please dont misunderstand my saying that my girls played with this dcg in in thier rooms as a form of "child labour" and yes I agree with you that it isn't thier "job" to entertain the daycare kids. My girls, going to the same school, same bus, and literally the same ages, playing with thier monster dolls together certainly doesn't qualify them being my employees. It was merely how things fell into routine, that they naturally played together. I was only giving you the insight as to what my experience was like. You may have a great turn out with this dcb. I however will never take school aged children again. All the best
    you will always stand taller when you
    kneel
    to help a child

Outgoing
    Quote Originally Posted by momof4inpink View Post
    Oh hey forsure, it of course it totally up to you, and yes you could terminate if it doesnt work out. I was under the impression from your first post that you dont typically prefer taking school aged children as you said you dont tolerate them for long periods. Please dont misunderstand my saying that my girls played with this dcg in in thier rooms as a form of "child labour" and yes I agree with you that it isn't thier "job" to entertain the daycare kids. My girls, going to the same school, same bus, and literally the same ages, playing with thier monster dolls together certainly doesn't qualify them being my employees. It was merely how things fell into routine, that they naturally played together. I was only giving you the insight as to what my experience was like. You may have a great turn out with this dcb. I however will never take school aged children again. All the best
    I wasn't meaning or implying that you "make" your kids play with the dckids. I was just meaning that mine didn't have to play with him if they didn't want to...not saying you "make" your kids play with your dckids and wasn't implying that you did. Please don't take it out of context. You are right, I did say I don't do school age kids and I don't tolerate them for long periods of time and I do prefer the under 4 or 5 group. We'll see how it all plays out. It won't be until closer to the end of Sept. anyway. Thanks for sharing your experience!
    The Daycare Room ~ A forum for providers ~
    http://thedaycareroom.forumotion.ca/