While I was out today I was approached by a lady (I know her but only by face really...our kids go to the same school/bus) about doing after school care for her son who is going into grade 4. The kids are going to a new school and right now there is no after school program set so her son won't have anywhere to go for a half hour-45 min until his mom gets home. Her friend is watching him right now but she won't be able to any more after Sept. She asked me if I still had my day home and if this would be something I'd be interested in. She doesn't have all the details ironed out yet for this coming school year but wanted to know if I'd be an option for her. This boy, from what I've seen of him, is very well behaved, polite, etc. and would only be here for about 45 minutes at most after school and possibly on pd days (which are usually Fridays or Mondays once a month). I'm not sure about school breaks though.

I have 5 kids in care (3 f/t and 2 p/t) and I have 1 f/t space open that I want to fill still. I don't normally do b/a school care because I can't tolerate school kids for very long and prefer working with the under 5 group BUT, I'm seriously considering this kid. I could still fill my f/t space I have open AND take this kid as bonus $ and the way my dc kid's schedules are, I would never be over my numbers. It would be an extra $325-350/month I could throw into my savings. We're planning a trip to Disney World next December with my parents so we need to save a crapload of money for it and other things we want to get next year and this would really help with that. Am I crazy for considering this? Would you consider taking this kid?