Daycare and childcare providers in Winnipeg, Toronto, Vancouver, Ontario etc. in CanadaGarderies à Montréal ou au QuébecFind daycare or childcare providers in the USA
Forum control
+ Reply to Thread

What sites to advertise on

Have anyone used these sites to advertise:

Daycare Match
    daycarematch .com

Family Connection
    familycareconnection nanny .com

Parent Relief
    parentrelief .com

if so are they any good?

Euphoric !
    Right now the contacts I have gotten have come from:

www.daycarecanada.com

www.godaycare.com

www.usedottawa.com

www.kijiji.com

Euphoric !
    With daycarecanada.com, so you use the free version or do yuo pay? I tried to use the free version, but it wouldn't let me put in my postal code and phone number and then it wouldn't let me post the ad because I hadn't entered the info...I was thinking maybe they want you to pay?

Quote Originally Posted by playfelt View Post
    Right now the contacts I have gotten have come from:

www.daycarecanada.com

www.godaycare.com

www.usedottawa.com

www.kijiji.com

Kangaroomama- I just tried daycarecanada.com. I used the free version and it let me put in my phone number and postal code. they might have just been having problems when you tried.

Euphoric !
    Hmm...I am not sure what I'm doing wrong...I tried it again and same thing. when I enter K, it puts KK and then on like that so it is all messed up!

Quote Originally Posted by Valerie E. M-C View Post
    Kangaroomama- I just tried daycarecanada.com. I used the free version and it let me put in my phone number and postal code. they might have just been having problems when you tried.

I personally do not PAY to advertize anywhere .... IMO there are way too many FREE options out there that WORK to consider paying for advertizing!

When I started out I had my ad on over 20 free sites where it is just 'there' you do not have to up date it or anything ~ however I ask all my non-referred contacts how they 'heard' of me most of my inquiries come from either HERE, Godaycare or Kijiji or they googled and found my website so those are the venues I tend to spend more time 'advertizing on'.
    Children construct their own intelligence. The adult must provide activities and context, but most of all must be able to listen. Children need proof that adults believe in them. Their three great desires are to be listened to, to understand, and to demonstrate that they are exactly what we expect."
    Loris Malaguzzi

Euphoric !
    Quote Originally Posted by kangaroomama View Post
    With daycarecanada.com, so you use the free version or do yuo pay? I tried to use the free version, but it wouldn't let me put in my postal code and phone number and then it wouldn't let me post the ad because I hadn't entered the info...I was thinking maybe they want you to pay?
    Used the free version. Forget now what I had to do. I am like Reggio and don't pay for advertising - including on usedottawa or kijiji when they ask you to upgrade - not worth it in my opinion.

In nice weather I have seen people post ads on mailboxes. In some areas the postal people rip them down but in others they work. I have even gone for walks with the daycare kids and put them up as we went going a different way every day to find more boxes. Also consider areas that would be just outside your area but where you would be on the way for the people.

I have put up ads on the boards at the grocery store but be aware if the store has their own cards you have to use - otherwise they remove your plain ones.

Euphoric !
    I also have never paid for advertising...I agree that there are enough free options. I always tell people, don't bother paying for a top ad on Kijiji....just delete and repost often so that your ad is not lost on page 100. I will keep trying with the free version of daycarecanada...I don't know why it gives me difficulties!