Daycare and childcare providers in Winnipeg, Toronto, Vancouver, Ontario etc. in CanadaGarderies à Montréal ou au QuébecFind daycare or childcare providers in the USA
Forum control
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Starting to feel at home...

One of those days.

Just need a place to vent. I've been having one of those days where I question what the heck I am doing this for. I have been really frustrated all morning, and now that's it is nap time NO ONE IS SLEEPING. Aaaaargh! I will be glad when this day is over.

Shy
    It's Wednesday...the week is half over too!!!

Oh, Man!!!! I have been there so many times. Tomorrow will be soooooo much better, just trudge through, and put your feet up tonight!!!!!

apples and bananas
    If it helps, I had this day yesterday and I lived to talk about it! Woke up with a headache... First arrival (whos been with me happily for 6 months) cried when mom left for the first time since she started. Then continued to complain about everything for the next 4 hours. Add a little guy with blankey seperation and a newbie who jumps and cries in his crib at quiet time... I was ready to throw in the towel by 1pm.

Today... all better!

I always try to remember back to my old life when I worked outside the home on those days. Yes, I could run out to starbucks for a fix, but I always had to come back. I had to hold back the tears until the drive home and there was no where to hide. Here.. i cry when I want cause i'm at home... I make my own coffee and I hide under my blanket when I need to. LOL And when I'm done, I'm done! No commute home.

Try to find some good stuff and hope it out weighs the bad.

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to apples and bananas For This Useful Post:

Cute, apples and bananas. way to see the silver lining!!!!!

Euphoric !
    I'm with Apples on this...whenever I am having one of those days, I look at my own kids and remember what it was like to have to drop them at daycare in the morning...then I remember that I could not lie down on the couch or on the floor when I was at work...I could not use my own bathroom...I could not hang out outside...and I had to smile and pretend to be perky even if I wasn't. Even on a bad day with the kids, I can stretch out on the floor and stretch my back while they play around me, I do not have to pretend to be perky or smile all the time in a fake manner, and I don't have to find a way to extricate myself from office gossip Hang in there..the day is almost over and tomorrow will be better...and if not, then next week will be better

8. The Following User Says Thank You to sunnydays For This Useful Post:

Outgoing
    That was my life for the past 2 weeks! I COMPLETELY understand how you're feeling. Just remember, today is Wednesday, only 2.5 more days until the weekend!!! Take a nice bubble bath tonight and have a nice glass of wine. It's ALMOST over!

Expansive...
    Keep your head up!!!! I had a beyond HORRIBLE day last week, I thought I was going to have a mental breakdown!!! And yet, i'm here, today, having a great day! Tomorrow will be SOOOOOOO much better. (((hugs)))

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Lou For This Useful Post:

Oh sending pick me up vibes your way ~ we all have days like that for sure where the crew decides to mutiny on us .... hopefully they eventually settled for a nap and you have a better afternoon!
    Children construct their own intelligence. The adult must provide activities and context, but most of all must be able to listen. Children need proof that adults believe in them. Their three great desires are to be listened to, to understand, and to demonstrate that they are exactly what we expect."
    Loris Malaguzzi

Starting to feel at home... Toregone's Avatar
    My whole last week was like this. So sorry to hear you're having a rough day. Don't worry, tomorrow will be better!