Daycare and childcare providers in Winnipeg, Toronto, Vancouver, Ontario etc. in CanadaGarderies à Montréal ou au QuébecFind daycare or childcare providers in the USA
Forum control
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Starting to feel at home...
    I do a circle time in the play room. I ask the children to sit but they do not necessarily have to because I find that they are still engaged in what is going on, they just need to move around a bit more... especially for the boys! Also, as a few other have mentioned doing lots of movement activities in circle time to keep hands and bodies busy.

Euphoric !
    It akes time! Don't stress about it! Kids don't get these things the first time...you have to keep repeating over and over and over again. It also helps to have some older kids who understnad and can model what you want them to do. I wouldn't stress about getting them to sit. Also, do you have any playgroups near you that you can take them to? I find the kids sit much better in a large group where there are many other kids sitting and modelling the behaviour.

Quote Originally Posted by Littledragon View Post
    I just tried to get my kids to sit in a circle. The 23 month old went blank in his face, like I was speaking a different language. My 16 month old also acted like he didn't understand and carried on playing, and once I did get the 23 month old to sit, tried to get him up to play. And my son, the 13 month old, just kept trying to climb on me. There was no way I was getting them to sit. I just don't know if this is something I am cut out to doing because I have NO idea what I am doing. The 2.5 year old was all excited. I am most successful when I just sit on the floor and sing by myself. They'll walk around me, sometimes they'll dance, sometimes they'll stop and smile, but that's about as far as I get.