Daycare and childcare providers in Winnipeg, Toronto, Vancouver, Ontario etc. in CanadaGarderies à Montréal ou au QuébecFind daycare or childcare providers in the USA
Forum control
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Outgoing

Yeah ! Finaly getting some answers !

Well seems like finaly people are looking for childcare. I received two e-mails this week after 2 completely dry months. Don't think it will work out with these 2 as one of them is looking for care in March 2013 and the other for care sooner but wants to drop off at 5h30am and I just dont think I can do it. My last child leaves at 5h30pm then I'm all by myself with my own 2 with diner and baths until husband gets home between 6 and 7h00pm and he also works weekends. So I don't want to burn myself out. At least now I am a bit more confident I will find someone soon... fingers crossed.

For those of you still looking for the perfect families, looks like there is still hope

Euphoric !
    Filled a space this week too with someone going back to work right after labour day but was "busy" all summer and never got around to it - can you say denial,lol. But yes have started getting at least some email questions but yes also some for feb or beyond. It's either too soon or too late.

apples and bananas
    Don't do the 5:30 am... I have a 6am only a few days a week and it's horrible! Wish I didn't have her cuase everyone else is going to 8am. UGH! Congrats on the 2 emails. Sometimes that's all we need to keep positive, some interest. I'm sure you'll sign someone soon.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to apples and bananas For This Useful Post:

Euphoric !
    Congrats crafty and you too playfelt!

Starting to feel at home...
    Seems like there's a bit of a scramble right now. I haven't had an interview in weeks, and I have 3 lined up in the next couple of days!

ooooh! hope they will "scramble" my way too!!! I need one full time and its driving me nuts, I havent been this low in years.!!!! AAAHHHHH! congrats ladies, its the circle of life!

Outgoing
    Congrats Playfelt !! Hopefully we will all fill our spots very very soon !!

Starting to feel at home... Toregone's Avatar
    I finally got an interview scheduled myself. It's like people are finally figuring out that the summer is over and childcare is needed!

Outgoing
    Yeah ! So had an interview this weekend and client called back the same day... They are starting next week !! Woohoo !! My last spot filled and sooner rather than later.
    Meanwhile I have my new little guy today and he is doing A M A Z I N G !!! Wow ..Septembre is turning out to be great afterall... hope it stays that way. I love seeing my dinning table full of little faces at lunch time !!

Thanks for your support ladies !!!

Starting to feel at home...
    Congratualtions Crafty, I know what you mean about this summer being abnormally quiet. No-one seemed to be interviewing caregivers. Even the ads I had posted were getting fewer hits than they would normally. Something in the water I guess. =D I've had four e-mails in the last two days asking for care - some want someone immediately, and others are looking at a October/November start up. I also had one person contact me looking for a February start up. Does anyone have any thoughts to share about holding fees ? How much ? When do you typically apply a holding fee. I usually hold a space for three months without charging any extra amount, but if it's a longer period of time what is a fair amount to ask ? Good luck finding a client soon ! =)

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Monday 2 Friday Mama For This Useful Post: