Daycare and childcare providers in Winnipeg, Toronto, Vancouver, Ontario etc. in CanadaGarderies à Montréal ou au QuébecFind daycare or childcare providers in the USA
Forum control
+ Reply to Thread
    Shy

Overtime charges.

Hi,
    I am in the process of starting a new home daycare and am wondering what you'd recommend for overtime charges to put in a contract. I am charging my area average of $40/day (full-time weekly rate of $200) and have hours of 7-5 with 9-hour days (8-5, 7-4). I want something that is high enough to deter parents from late pickups, but not too late as to scare people off?
    Thanks, Ariel

Euphoric !
    My maximum day for the regular rate is 9 hours with an early fee of $5/half hour before my opening time of 7:30am and a late fee of $5/half hour after 5 pm and $5/half hour over 9 hours. Hope that helps. Even if they are only 5 minutes late they have to pay the $5.

Starting to feel at home...
    My late fee is $5 for each 15 minutes, per child.

Grace period of 5 minutes, then $1/minute up to 20 minutes. After the first 20 minutes it then becomes $5/minute.

IF they contact me early enough to say they're running late (ie snow storm, and there's an accident on the highway), I'll give them a 10-15 minute grace period, and then after the 10-15 min, it becomes $1/minute for 10 minutes, then $5/minute afterwards.

Then....if they become to abuse it, they get a strike (I have a 3-strikes you're gone policy). It's a great way to regulate the system.

Good luck!

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Play and Learn For This Useful Post:

I charge a 10$ late fee for anything after close. however, for anything over 9 hours (parents who work 10-12 hour shifts) I charge 2.75 per hour. (dont forget, I am U.S. our exchange I'm sure is different)

like you 3 strikes your gone policy, I should try that.....I tend to get abused, then never know when to draw the line. i let them get away with so much i get to a point of....would be totally out of left field (no pun intended) to let them go now after letting them abuse me for so long. By the 3rd strike you dont even have to explain, just let them know its their 3rd offense.