Daycare and childcare providers in Winnipeg, Toronto, Vancouver, Ontario etc. in CanadaGarderies à Montréal ou au QuébecFind daycare or childcare providers in the USA
Forum control
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    I actually think jealousy is a factor. Here we are in our comfy clothes, home, smiles on our faces and talking about going to the park. They do the math (she makes $$$$ for doing this?) and they realize we may make the same, or in some cases more than they do. Of course, they are are not the deep thinkers who do not realize the comfy clothes get spit up on, our home gets messed up and germ filled, the smiles on our faces sometimes turn to grimaces because (you can insert your own reasons here) and that trip to the park was not so fun 'cause one of your kids cried non stop. Yes, we can make a decent wage, but the ultimate thing some forget is the HUGE responsibility we carry for keeping the kids safe, fed, healthy and happy till their parents arrive.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to mimi For This Useful Post:

Outgoing
    I ask that my families drop off by 8am and pick up after 3pm (unless they have an appointment or child is unwell and needs to go home)-this way they don't come during nap time-and we are able to stick to our routines.

Euphoric !
    My contract states that children must arrive by 9am and cannot be picked up earlier than 3pm. The 9am rule is because we leave on field trips shortly after that time. The 3pm pickup time is a rule because I'm protecting the children's naptime. If someone is picked up in the middle of naptime then others will wake up and be cranky and it's my job to make sure that doesn't happen.