Daycare and childcare providers in Winnipeg, Toronto, Vancouver, Ontario etc. in CanadaGarderies à Montréal ou au QuébecFind daycare or childcare providers in the USA
Forum control
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Really LOUD parents!!!!!!

Does anyone ever have an issue with people coming in during "sleep times" to LOUD?
    I have this Dad that #1 drives a HUGE Diesel truck with like the noisiest exaust EVER! and sometimes drops off early, drives me CRAZY!!!!!! VVVVVRRRRROOOOOOM! in the drive at like 7am 8am, lots of kids sleeping, then comes in with "one" volume! ggggrrrrr, I greet the child with a "low tone" as to remind the Dad, SSSHHHHH! He doesnt get it! Should I put up a sign that says, please be aware children could be sleeping! or something? another peeve is when people come in to pick up during nap time and wake everyone up!!!!!!!! aaaahhhhh! I do ask that they not come right in the middle of nap, so they do try to show up later toward the end, but either way, just irritates me to no end!!!!!!!

Tempting: to picture myself busting in to their houses when their kids are sleeping, OH HI!!!!!! IS EVERYONE SLEEPING? OH SOOOOOORRRRY!

Oh empathy ... I actually have a family that my spouse has coined the 'loud family' .... I am constantly role modeling 'indoor voice' to them .... it took me a YEAR to finally get the mother to get that at morning drop off there is often a babe still sleeping and for her to come in with a 'whispering' voice which to me is a 'normal' voice and fortunately they do not arrive for pick up anywhere near afternoon nap unless it is for an appointment she cannot schedule 'after daycare hours' cause that would be a final straw for sure

I have a count down ticker for their last day to be honest cause they have a few 'annoying' traits I am not going to miss come September
    Children construct their own intelligence. The adult must provide activities and context, but most of all must be able to listen. Children need proof that adults believe in them. Their three great desires are to be listened to, to understand, and to demonstrate that they are exactly what we expect."
    Loris Malaguzzi

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Inspired by Reggio For This Useful Post:

Funny Reggio, sounds just like a family I just rid of too, and I also had a count down. Some people just have quirks that can bug you to no end. This Mom was also a "loud" talker and would laugh really loudly in the am when dropping her son. We knew each other really well from church before he started care, knew each others families, so we would on occasion "chat" a little at the door. I think she was bi-polar or something, because some days she would be real normal tone and we would have a nice "adult" chat, and other days she was like a drunk clown, ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha! she would laugh really loud and uncontrolably at something I said (that I didnt think was funny) it freaked me out and woke my entire family, funny you say that about your husband because my husband HATED this woman, she annoyed him so much. The boy became school age and she was a teacher, so he left for good this summer. wew!

Starting to feel at home...
    I dont allow any pick ups or drop offs during nap time. Maybe you can add that to your policy. Other than doing what you are doing or meeting the parent outside I have no ideas.

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to giraffe For This Useful Post:

Starting to feel at home... Toregone's Avatar
    My son likes to sleep in, his normal wake up time is between 8 - 9am. But I have one mom who is loud in the morning. We've become friends a little bit so we chat for a minute or 2 which is fine, I just wish she would chat quieter. It's not so bad now that her child is dropped off about 7:30am but before when it was 6:30am it drove me crazy. I actually on occasion have said "Oh! **'s still sleeping upstairs!" in an effort to get her to use a quieter voice.

I've never had loud people during nap but I have had parents pick up during nap and it annoys me. Then I have to go into the group nap room and there is no way I can do that and wake one child without them all waking up! It was always the same family which thankfully are now gone.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Toregone For This Useful Post:

I think i will post at the door something to the regards of please enter quietly, children/babies could be resting!
    I do ask that parents hold off as long as possible for pick up during middle day, becuase of nap time, most respect that, there are some who just have one volume!!

I don't allow pick ups during nap time either. My own son often wakes up because of the kids in the morning, but not much I can do about that. If he went to bed earlier like I tell him to, he wouldn't still be sleeping at 8am lol.

Shy
    I have a dad who screams almost. He is a doctor and as the mother says talks like that all the time. I have had to hush him before as my husband works midnights sometimes. I mean come on, really should I have to tell a grown man to quiet down. My husband HATES him and actually wanted to tell him off one day...to which I replied "I will go to your job and tell of one of your co-workers" His comment pissed me off. So it really causes alot of issues. Grrr.

I put signs on the door. Shhhh children sleeping during naptime, this also prevents people from ringing my doorbell. I also had an issue with loud parents (they're up so everybodys up). I have a sign on the door little ones playing/sleeping, indoor voices pleaseI tried the speaking softly at first but they didn't get the message, especially after they woke up a baby, heard the wailing and just smiled and said Ooops and left.

13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to mimi For This Useful Post:

I like giraffe's suggestion - good idea ! Don't know if it would work for someone who is dropping the monkey's off in the A.M. but it would be brilliant for the parents who want to pick up a child during the afternoon nap time. =)