Daycare and childcare providers in Winnipeg, Toronto, Vancouver, Ontario etc. in CanadaGarderies à Montréal ou au QuébecFind daycare or childcare providers in the USA
Forum control
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Is it just me?

Expansive...

Is it just me?

Is it just me or is becomming harder and harder to provide for kids based on parents beliefs and down right giving in to all there kids needs?

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Skysue For This Useful Post:

Outgoing
    here here!

Oh I can so relate to that Skysue, so so much.

Outgoing
    My microwave-phobia, 'vegan' parent.

Expansive...
    I'm not out there but we don't have a microwave either! LOL

LOL ~ yes there are more and more diverse opinions around what is 'best' for children these days .... this is the awesome thing about being self employed though is that I draw up a philosophy for care and policies and procedures around what I VALUE in regards to child rearing and the goals I have for children and than I attract clients who share those values and goals for their children ~ so I do not do a whole lot of having to 'balance' competing demands from clients cause while we might not do things 100% the same our choices are rooted in the same 'values and goals' for the children and if conflict arises around something one of us are doing we can reflect on 'is this sharing those values and goals' and than agree so as long as we are moving towards the same place we will get there otherwise we find a solution we can agree on that IS moving us in those goals and so forth

I only have ONE family left in care from when I opened who does not fit this 'mold' cause back than I thought I had to just serve 'anyone who showed interest' .... now I am way more picky
    Children construct their own intelligence. The adult must provide activities and context, but most of all must be able to listen. Children need proof that adults believe in them. Their three great desires are to be listened to, to understand, and to demonstrate that they are exactly what we expect."
    Loris Malaguzzi

Expansive...
    I only have ONE family left in care from when I opened who does not fit this 'mold' cause back than I thought I had to just serve 'anyone who showed interest' .... now I am way more picky [/QUOTE]

I choose to be picky too but some of us don't have that luxury especially if it means needing to pay bills etc…

I hear you there!!! although in a perfect world it would be grand to pick the perfect families for us, the bottom line is 1. sometimes you have to take the "best" you can find. and 2. sometimes when you think you have a good one, you later learn they know how to "blow smoke" really well. Either way, sure is nice to at least meet at some kind of middle ground with most parents. Not sure tho, I'll let you know if my opinion changes after my "nitrate free" kids start. Mom is def. packing their food.

Quote Originally Posted by Skysue View Post
    I choose to be picky too but some of us don't have that luxury especially if it means needing to pay bills etc…
    I hear ya ... for me life is just way to short to not surround myself with people who share my values and build me up and if I am going to do this day in and day out I want to LOVE doing it otherwise it is not helping me to achieve my goal of work life balance and improved health

Honestly the reality is that we could make just as much $$ working 40 hours a week in a retail environment without any responsibility and leave our 'work' behind us everyday ~ this is my HOME and I should feel comfortable in it and love being here ... cause when you work from home and you have clients that you 'dread' each day that is just well trouble brewing cause you have 'no escape' from that from the time you wake up to the time you go to bed you are surrounded by memories of that
    Children construct their own intelligence. The adult must provide activities and context, but most of all must be able to listen. Children need proof that adults believe in them. Their three great desires are to be listened to, to understand, and to demonstrate that they are exactly what we expect."
    Loris Malaguzzi

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Inspired by Reggio For This Useful Post:

amen to that!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!