Daycare and childcare providers in Winnipeg, Toronto, Vancouver, Ontario etc. in CanadaGarderies à Montréal ou au QuébecFind daycare or childcare providers in the USA
Forum control
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
    Euphoric !
    I really don't think the problem is that you have too many kids or too little space. I know people make it work in spaces such as yours. You just have to figure out how to best organize naptimes and get the discipline under control. It takes time and it isn't easy, but I am sure you can do it! I agree with the others who ahve said to put the 2 year old either in a playpen or on a mat on the floor. I never have daycare kids on family beds. In fact, as a parent, I would be a bit creeped out if a daycare provider wanted my child to sleep on her bed...I don't know...maybe I am wierd that way! Good luck and believe in yourself!

Starting to feel at home...
    Thanks guys!! Today is going SO much better! When they all came in this morning I had a very serious talk with them and reminded them of what I expected from them. The 4 yr old is still acting up a bit but not as much and I have changed the way that I talk to him. For example: He threw I toy and I put him in timeout and afterwards I told him that this is my house, my rules and if he can't follow them then he will lose his privileges with the toys that he can't respect. His whole demeanor was different this time.

I told both the 4 and 5 yr old that they need to lay on the couches and not move (and if the 5 yr old wasn't tired after the 4 yr old fell asleep then she could play quietly in the kitchen - they both passed out in 10 minutes ).

The 2 yr old kept getting up but I just sat with him for a few minutes to get him to stop wiggling and he fell asleep. I too have the heebie jeebies about having dck's in our bed too because if they make a mess then it's our bed that they are messing in. I just had no where to put him so he couldn't be distracted by the older ones (and I didn't want him in my sons room because that is his space that he doesn't have to share). Unfortunately, I have to stick it out until school starts and then I can move him into the living room. The lady who does the home visits that I'm licensed through said that she will bring me a playpen and a sleep mat this week so we can try both and see what works best for him. Our bedroom is quite small so I'm hoping the playpen she brings will fit until school starts (we don't even have our bed on a frame because our 'master bedroom' is that small - winter project will hopefully put our bedroom in the basement and free up a room on the main floor).

YAY for progress!! And for you ladies!!

Euphoric !
    So glad to hear things are looking up! Sometimes it is just a matter of rethinking things and having a plan in place before the kids arrive and then sticking to it

Outgoing
    If you check out FB swap groups for your area or even kijiji, you can find some good deals on playpens. It will then be a write off for you since it's used for daycare. I own 5 playpens and none of my own kids use them since they have been out of them for well over 4 years. They were all bought for daycare...along with my cots. You could also ask the parents to supply 1.
    The Daycare Room ~ A forum for providers ~
    http://thedaycareroom.forumotion.ca/

Euphoric !
    And there is an issue with the agencies - if they are the ones that were placing the child into your home the playpen or mat should have been in your home the day before the child started not weeks later. You paid for the service and they didn't provide it. A 2 year old should be able to sleep on a mat in the same room as the older kids and it would be better to start him where you want him to sleep even if it takes longer for him to fall asleep.

Outgoing
    I agree with Playfelt!
    The Daycare Room ~ A forum for providers ~
    http://thedaycareroom.forumotion.ca/