Daycare and childcare providers in Winnipeg, Toronto, Vancouver, Ontario etc. in CanadaGarderies à Montréal ou au QuébecFind daycare or childcare providers in the USA
Forum control
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Bumbo Seat RECALL

Children are great imitators.
    So give them something great to imitate.

~Anonymous~

Thank you for letting us know. I just ordered my repair kit.

Outgoing
    I JUST finished reading about that too! Crazy because everyone always boasted about how safe they are, but I found that with my son, he would always arch his back and squirm out, I never bothered putting my daughter in it, too scary. I never trusted them!

I used one with my youngest & loved it (sold it along time ago). They are meant for a limited age group; I think that sometimes accidents occur when the babies are just too old for the seats. I did often wonder why there were no seat restraints?!
    Children are great imitators.
    So give them something great to imitate.

~Anonymous~

apples and bananas
    Wow, I always used it for my kids, I loved it! And I was one of those crazy people that put it on the kitchen counter when I was cooking. LOL however, I've always been under the thought that your little one should never be more then arms length away from you. I can see how people would just trust that they couldn't get out. That's the thing with kids, they're constantly learning new skills and you don't knwo that they can do it until they've already done it.

Expansive...
    I like A&B love mine too! My DD was well over 6mos before she figured out how to get out of it! She and I loved that thing! I took it woth me to my prarents or grandmothers house for ehr to sit in to eat or play etc. It was me go-to item. I think this is just like with the walkers....stupid parents making the TOY a babysitter and then blame the product when the child gets hurt!

How about stay by your child or at least be in the same room and follow the BASIC directions. I mean, ok falls happen and seat or not they will bang their heads more than a few times in the begining.....but I just think it's supper silly!
    Satisfaction Guaranteed or Double Your Kids Back!!

Expansive...
    Quote Originally Posted by KingstonMom View Post
    I JUST finished reading about that too! Crazy because everyone always boasted about how safe they are, but I found that with my son, he would always arch his back and squirm out, I never bothered putting my daughter in it, too scary. I never trusted them!

I agree that every child is different. My dd also would arch her back but I would wait to see what she would/could do....and that was the most of it! She couldn't get her bum to pass the "middle" part to get out. And in MY case whenever she did start doing that anyways she was bored and it was time to move onto something else.
    Satisfaction Guaranteed or Double Your Kids Back!!

I had a friend that put her daughter in one on the counter while she was working in the kitchen!!!! what!? I never was one to follow all the "new" gadgets in the world, I saw them and they were all the rage, yuck! made me want one even less. They have been recalled in the US for years now.

Thanks for posting this ~ shared it on my FB page cause I have friends who have these things.

I am another person who does not believe in all the 'gadgets' that encourage children to sit or stand or walk before they are physically ready to do so independently without the aid of anything but a parents 'support' .... because if you are not able to be right there to be 'physically supporting them' in a sitting, standing or walking position than they are not READY to be in that position without your support
    Children construct their own intelligence. The adult must provide activities and context, but most of all must be able to listen. Children need proof that adults believe in them. Their three great desires are to be listened to, to understand, and to demonstrate that they are exactly what we expect."
    Loris Malaguzzi

Starting to feel at home... dragonlady3's Avatar
    I agree with Reggio. I have resisted the Bumbo and am glad I did. I felt that anything that kept a child sitting upright before they were ready, had to be bad for their spines. I preferred slant chairs or simply laying them on a blanket and letting the child determine when it was time to sit upright. I sincerely hope there are no more accidents!