Daycare and childcare providers in Winnipeg, Toronto, Vancouver, Ontario etc. in CanadaGarderies à Montréal ou au QuébecFind daycare or childcare providers in the USA
Forum control
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Anyone Know What This Is?? Should I send the kids home?

I am going to go to clinic tonight after dck's go home, but what on earth is this??

The white at the top is my bra...so it's all over my belly, sides, back, butt, and now it's going down my thighs. No different foods or detergents or anything else, and nobody in my family of five has it but me. It started on Thursday, and is just getting progressively worse. It doesn't hurt, and only slightly itches. There is no pus in the raised bumps.

apples and bananas
    Oh man, that's not good. I don't know what that is. I'm sure it's not coming through well in the picture. You would know if it's a heat rash.

I probably would have followed my same procedures for my kids and let clients know last night that you have a rash geting worse and they can send their child at their own risk as you're not sure what it is. However, now that they're there and you have them, no sense in sending them home if you are able to care for them. If it's catchy, they've probably caught it.

i hope it's a simple solution and you feel better soon.

Thanks. It's still spreading, and I am kinda starting to freak out. It's deffo not heat rash, as it's been very mild here lately, and I have been in the heat a lot this summer.

Alphagetti, have you tried taking a dose of Benedryl and seeing if that calms the rash down or gets rid of most of it? IF so, you are probably dealing with an allergic reaction of some sort. If not, then it would probably warrant a trip to your local walk in clinic or a visit to your doc. Hope you are feeling better sooner rather than later

I was going to make the same suggestion as Other Mummy ~ try Benedryl and if it 'calms' than you know it is likely some sort of allergic reaction to something and you might never know 'what' .... could be a bug bite, a weed or plant you touched outside, combination of foods you ate, pesticide on a food or something air born that you just 'breathed' in out and about in the community

If Benedryl does not help it definitely go to the Dr and get it checked out ... sometimes we get 'blood infections' from a tiny cut you would not even think was an issue and it can present in a 'rash' ... have you been checking yourself for 'fever' as well?
    Children construct their own intelligence. The adult must provide activities and context, but most of all must be able to listen. Children need proof that adults believe in them. Their three great desires are to be listened to, to understand, and to demonstrate that they are exactly what we expect."
    Loris Malaguzzi

Expansive...
    That looks so uncomfortable!! I would just notify the parents, so they can make the decision on whether the kids should be picked up or not. Hope it's a quick fix!

Starting to feel at home...
    I'd say either an allergic reaction to something or might be shingles. I got shingles almost a year ago (thankfully it wasn't major but it looked like that - started behind my ear and worked it's way down my neck and to my chest and it was itchy - Apparently it can be caused by stress and can be contagious with skin to skin contact of the infected area). My son just had an allergic reaction to penicillin and it started off looking like that too and by day 4 he was one big hive. I say try some Benadryl like Other Mummy said and if that doesn't help I'd go to the doc just to be safe.

Euphoric !
    Go to the doctor, silly woman! We shouldn't be guessing with your health. Take care of yourself and get a medical opinion.

Shy
    your shingles were itchy??? I had them and they were far from itchy. I have never experience such horrible pain. I had them on my neck and couldn't move my head at all it hurt so bad.

To me it looks like hives. Hope it is better now.

Starting to feel at home... little rascals's Avatar
    Not sure but I would go check it out. Let us know what you find out.