Daycare and childcare providers in Winnipeg, Toronto, Vancouver, Ontario etc. in CanadaGarderies à Montréal ou au QuébecFind daycare or childcare providers in the USA
Forum control
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    apples and bananas

Would school just start already!

Is anyone else anxious for school to start. My own kids are driving me crazy! I hate doing the on and off the bus thing and was very excited for summer because it would be 9 weeks without the busses. But now, I'd take 4 busses a day just to get some peice and quiet without the whining. Or to run a story time without being interupted by my own kids. UGH!

Oh, and the lunches! Why are sandwiches ok at school but when they're home they need 3 course gourmet meals (ok, maybe i'm being slightly dramatic, but this is what it feels like)

Counting down the days! 10 working days to go.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to apples and bananas For This Useful Post:

My own kids are great, but my school aged dck's are making me nuts. I can't wait!!

I hate packing school lunches though, so I am kinda excited that it's not quite time yet.

I too am starting to sing the jingle...."It's the Most wonderful time of the year!!!"

My own DS is driving me banannas.....he's 9 and he's bored I'm counting down the days and will be doing a jig afer labour day

Euphoric !
    My own 4 year old who will be starting full-time JK in September is driving me nutty as well and I am counting down the days! I think he is bored without anyone his age and he takes it out on me. I don't look forward to drop-offs and pick-ups either, but at least I get some peace during the day

Starting to feel at home...
    You betcha!! My days will be so much quieter! Kinda worried that I might be bored with the 2 little ones as I enjoy having the kids working on crafts and stuff on their own. But I'm kinda tired of the bickering and whining too. This will be my first time experiencing the pick up and drop off for school so we'll see how that goes. But definitely counting down the days

Expansive...
    My 7 yrs old is wonderful, but like someone else said it's the other school age kids that are driving me insane! But this is my LAST week of summer care!! I'm off all next week, WOOHOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Then it's back to school suckas!!!!

Shy
    I will miss my daughter like crazy, but yep she is driving me nuts. I have a few newbie babies starting though so I am kinda dreading the fall.

Expansive...
    Quote Originally Posted by Other Mummy View Post
    I too am starting to sing the jingle...."It's the Most wonderful time of the year!!!"
    ughhh........ that "Staples" jingle just scent shivers down my spine from my school days! LOL
    Satisfaction Guaranteed or Double Your Kids Back!!

Not sure how i feel, had ALOT of days that I would have been happy to send my kids to school for the day this summer, thats for sure. My kids are going to a "new" school this year, I am excited for them but I def also feel "nervous" for them too!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!

Starting to feel at home...
    We homeschool here, but I am definitely looking forward to the fall--my favorite season! And my daycare kids are changing up a bit in September, so that should be interesting!