Daycare and childcare providers in Winnipeg, Toronto, Vancouver, Ontario etc. in CanadaGarderies à Montréal ou au QuébecFind daycare or childcare providers in the USA
Forum control
+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4
    Outgoing
    Quote Originally Posted by Inspired by Reggio View Post
    And while I agree that it is your home and your rules and that there is a time and a place for it ... so if you want to send the message to the child that is something you do AT HOME fine and dandy ~ just saying make sure the PARENT is a part of the solution and that you are CAREFUL in how you are portraying the message to the child as to why they should not do it 'at your home' to keep their sexuality in tact cause while it might not be 'your cup of tea' it is their innate human nature to 'enjoy' touching that area of the body and we have to also respect that!
    I would NOT discuss this with the child and say this is something you do at home. I didn't suggest that. I wouldn't discuss it at all. I would just block and go about my merry way. I don't think I would talk to the parent about it much either unless they brought it up. I would just let them know that I put a blanket sleeper or footed jammies or whatever block that fits for any child that puts their hands in their diaper area at nap. Doesn't matter to me why the kid is doing it.

I adore simple. I live for simple. I would find a simple solution and go about the business of taking care of the group.
    Home of child care expertise. Child care consultant for home providers, child care centers, and parents. http://daycarewhisperer.com/
    Please join us on Facebook
    https://www.facebook.com/home.php#!/daycare.whisperer

2. The Following User Says Thank You to daycarewhisperer For This Useful Post:

Shy
    I am grateful for the points Reggio has made about how our actions, everything we say and do, with our daycare kids can have impacts that we can't even imagine. While this is something we are all aware of I am sure, in the context of this conversation the point has really given me pause to think.
    I have been known to lightheartedly say "oh stinky" at diaper change time with my own daughter. She thinks it's funny and will say it too. I have heard the opinion that we shouldn't say that so the kids don't feel bad about pooping, or feel it is yucky or gross. I always looked at it from the point of view that I don't want to raise a kid who thinks her "s@*t don't stink" so to speak, and thought the whole idea was sort of silly.
    While I in no way make fun of, or shame my daughter, Reggio's points about sending the message about privates being "dirty" from a sexuality point of view was something I hadn't even considered. I really want to thank her for sharing her story.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Yarnlover For This Useful Post: