Daycare and childcare providers in Winnipeg, Toronto, Vancouver, Ontario etc. in CanadaGarderies à Montréal ou au QuébecFind daycare or childcare providers in the USA
Forum control
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    Outgoing

Strange question about diaper wipes....

In organizing my change area, I'm wondering how you all handle the issue of diaper wipes. Do you get the parents to bring them? Do you then store them all separately so you make sure you are only using the wipes that actually belong to that child? I think it would be much easier if I just bought the ones I like and use one box for everyone, rather than trying to keep each child's separate. Just curious. I usually buy a big box of them at Costco because I also use them in my scrapbooking. I'm thinking the cost is probably minimal, and I would just deduct them as a business expense anyway. What do the rest of you do?
    Diane

Euphoric !
    I have the parents supply them and yes, I keep them all separate in labelled wipes boxes. The cost could add up if you have a few kids in diapers (I have all 5 in diapers!!!) and especially if you have some of the type of super poopers I seem to always have...hahaha! Another way you could do it if you want to use just one box is to have the parents pay into a wipes fund or ask each of them to supply a big bag every few months. I do see your point about it being easier though and I hate the scented kind...I just ask parents to get unscented if they don't already as the scent bothers me.

Outgoing
    I have change cubbies built into my change table-each cubby has the child's diaper changing things including their wipes.

I let the parents but these and then put them on the shelf next to my changing area. Reason being each parent has thier own brand, and sometimes children have sensitivities.

I do not keep them separate, in the VERY begining years ago I attempted with child name on each but found not only was that too many wipe containers in one spot but just too much to keep track of. I do purchase then when they are needed and also put up a note every so often or send a text to parents, asking for a fresh supply. they are always happy to help. and do have the few parents who bring them in every so often with out being asked. only once...I had a mom who traveled about 4 hours away to purchase a specific brand of wipe and asked that only her son use them! she was a pain in my a%$! thankfully she is gone now, but thats another post alltogether. if I were you I would have "community" wipes and just ask parents to bring a pack once every month or two, so much easier!

Expansive...
    Yes, I have the parents supply the wipes and they are individually labelled in their diaper cubbies

Outgoing
    I have three different rooms that I use wupes - main playroom, livingroom and kitchen. Each family is asked to supply their wipes - I have three kids. I have a pack of wipes in the basement, a pack in the kitchen and a pack in the livingroom. So it works! I never seem to run out - parents just randomly bring them, I rarely have to ask. I find this easier than always carrying wipes up and down the stairs. What I used to do before (when my daycare was smaller and we only used the livingroom) was use child A's wipes, then child B's wipes and then my son's wipes. And then when my son's wipes were almost up, I would ask the parents for more wipes. But then I found that I was using the dck's wipes on the weekends. So, my son's wipes are the one in the livingroom.

I sounds confusing and if you asked me, I couldn't tell you who's was who's but I always seem to have wipes, and I don't seem to ever really need to ask my families for them either. Works out!

apples and bananas
    I have the parents supply them and use the right one on the right bum. I've thought about supplying my own, but if I have parents willing to bring them then it's no skin off my nose which ones I use. I keep a pack of my own around as well so I have one in the dining room. I use them to wipe down the dog sometimes.

Euphoric !
    I provide the wipes unless a child requires a specific brand and then that is up to the parent since I won't promise what I will use. I just have one container and use as needed. I removed a wipe before I start and two if I know there is a poop. Generally that is enough so I don't go back into the case except rarely.

I used to do separate ones and used the travel containers and filled them weekly from a master supply which I bought. That worked well since they were in their bin (empty square ice cream container) with their change mat and any cream the parent has supplied.

jec
    I have 5 in diapers and have a bucket that I bought from the dollar store for each of them that I fill up every few days- in the bucket is diapers/cream or powder and wipes that the parents provide them all. The buckets are big enough to hold everything and small enough to all fit on a shelf
    I bought the wipes container for each little one and put them name on the wipe container and their bucket.
    I have my own wipes- the Costco brand that I love too for myself that I pack up for daily trips and or outside when we have snack. I end up using my own some times when parents are late bringing me wipes after a few reminders