Daycare and childcare providers in Winnipeg, Toronto, Vancouver, Ontario etc. in CanadaGarderies à Montréal ou au QuébecFind daycare or childcare providers in the USA
Forum control
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Euphoric !

Child of a daycare provider...lol

Just had to share this...my daughter who just turned 2 came up to me yesterday evening with a puffy sticker she had found on the floor and said "Look, look!" all aggitated...and I was like "yeah, it's a frog sticker"...to which she said "no, it's a choking hazard!" hahahahah! Okay, so you know your child is growing up in a daycare when they say things like this! (And yes, my kids have all been early talkers with big vocabularies...lol) Any other stories to share from those of us who have our own kids and run a daycare?

Too funny! mine are alot older and its more of a "why do you have to have all these kids in the house every day?" or "Mom, ___________ just pooped in my room, thanks alot!!!" Everything that goes wrong that has to do with daycare kids is MY FAULT! Just wait til your kids get older. so much fun. Little do they know, if I dodnt do this, THEY would be in daycare and someone elses kid would be complaining about them.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to kidlove For This Useful Post:

Euphoric !
    Oh, what a great helper you have there.

HHAHAHAAHAH

My 4 yo says " I dont think__________ is adjusting to daycare, do you need to have a weeting mom?

LOLOL

6. The Following User Says Thank You to dodge__driver11 For This Useful Post:

Outgoing
    Quote Originally Posted by kangaroomama View Post
    Just had to share this...my daughter who just turned 2 came up to me yesterday evening with a puffy sticker she had found on the floor and said "Look, look!" all aggitated...and I was like "yeah, it's a frog sticker"...to which she said "no, it's a choking hazard!" hahahahah! Okay, so you know your child is growing up in a daycare when they say things like this! (And yes, my kids have all been early talkers with big vocabularies...lol) Any other stories to share from those of us who have our own kids and run a daycare?
    haha this just reminded me of my son with his younger sister. We often play with beads and stickers at craft time and I always say, we need to pick up our pieces because Emma can choke. (shes 9 mos, all the dcks are 2.5 and up). So the other day my son, who is potty training, had an accident (a poop) on the floor in the bathroom. I said to him, "we need to clean up the poop". He says "cause emma can choke, right?" ugggg GAGGGG!!! yes, I suppose thats also true!! barf!

8. The Following User Says Thank You to KingstonMom For This Useful Post:

LOL!! These are hillarious Alas, I have no funny stories, just complaints from my 9 year old son who is home for summer vacation and having to share the computer with the daycare kids. He's not a happy camper

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Other Mummy For This Useful Post:

Euphoric !
    LOL Thanks for sharing mor funny stories...kids are so funny! I laugh way more now that I am with kids all day

So true....That goes back to the worst and best of this job. That is one of the best, the laughter!!!!!!

Shy
    My son has mommy i dont want them here today I wish it was just our family.
    I do feel bad some times that he has to same me and had to do this since he was 1, oh well at least he gets to be with me all day.

Quote Originally Posted by mommy22kids View Post
    My son has mommy i dont want them here today I wish it was just our family.
    I do feel bad some times that he has to same me and had to do this since he was 1, oh well at least he gets to be with me all day.
    This is such a hard concept for young children to get sometimes ... accepting that he should be 'grateful' to be sharing you because if he was not he would be the 1 of 5 daycare kids who was vying for the providers attention because mama would likely have to be working outside the home instead
    Children construct their own intelligence. The adult must provide activities and context, but most of all must be able to listen. Children need proof that adults believe in them. Their three great desires are to be listened to, to understand, and to demonstrate that they are exactly what we expect."
    Loris Malaguzzi