Daycare and childcare providers in Winnipeg, Toronto, Vancouver, Ontario etc. in CanadaGarderies à Montréal ou au QuébecFind daycare or childcare providers in the USA
Forum control
+ Reply to Thread

Nobodies "perfect"! Thought for the day! :)

Can I just add a thought for the day:
    Although I absolutely with out a doubt enjoy children and love my job, that DOES not mean I love all children!!!!!!! There are some kids I provide care for that I can tollerate but not much more than that!!!!! They down right drive me crazy!! Too many questions, always in my business, why did you do that, why did you say that, what are you doing that for. I dont care who you are.....sometimes kids can just make you want to scream!!!!!!!!!!!!! thats my thought for the day!

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to kidlove For This Useful Post:

Euphoric !
    Oh yeah!!! My annoying one goes off to school in a week. That is the only thing that has gotten me through the last 6 months of it getting worse and worse. He talks and acts like an adult, is obsessed with time and telling me what time to do things at and how long naptime will be etc. I have always thought he was on the autism spectrum since he started with me as an infant but have never been able to convince his parents that there were issues until just recently when I turned it around with the this will never fly at school so we better do something concept. No teacher would put up with what he was doing. He talked like an adult and I had to talk back to him in a similar manner putting him in his place and reminding him that I was in charge of what time we did things and how we did things.

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to playfelt For This Useful Post:

Ha Ha Ha! Wow, knowing what you are dealing with...you deserve an award for that one. I hope the parents appreciate you, ALOT! Some people have no idea what its like to care for a child with even the slightest learning disability, or "quirk" and people like us do it all the time. He sounds a little OCD. Although obsessive compulsive is a trait of autism. Good for you going as long as you have, and congrats on the end of summer approaching. !!!!!!

Oh I agree ya definitely can not like them ALL ... children are just mini adults ~ with personality and character traits that do not mess with other personality and character traits

I have had parents who admit that while they 'love' their kid that most of the time they do not 'like' them themselves and tell me they do not know how I deal with their kid and 4 others all day long cause it would kill em and are just praying their current 'stage' ends ... and well sometimes you just have to look at them and think 'stage' ???? that aint a stage that is just your kids 'personality' and he aint growing out of it anytime soon and than I remind myself to be thankful cause that kid goes home everyday and is not MINE to have to deal with for the next 20 years
    Children construct their own intelligence. The adult must provide activities and context, but most of all must be able to listen. Children need proof that adults believe in them. Their three great desires are to be listened to, to understand, and to demonstrate that they are exactly what we expect."
    Loris Malaguzzi

Expansive...
    Yup agree with you there!

I'm finding out today if my 3yr old will be leaving and I'm telling you I will not be sad to see a spoiled.whiney.never .eats.sulky.child leave my care. Will I miss her - sure......will I be sad, sadly...nope.
    Satisfaction Guaranteed or Double Your Kids Back!!

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Mamma_Mia For This Useful Post:

Euphoric !
    I had one like that who luckily went off for school last year. Now I have another annoying one who is only 1, so I have a few more years to go before he leaves and it's going to be rough. For me, it's the nonstop talkers who drive me nuts, like you said.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Momof4 For This Useful Post:

I have a 51/2 dcg whom I have had for 41/2 years. Never a real problem child, in fact overly polite which can give you a funny feeling like you are being played. The last 6 weeks she has been coming with her younger bro and has been doing the drama queen thing with tears, choking sounds and pretending to throw up in the bathroom sink in front of especially Dad (more so) and Mom. Her miserable attitude lasts most of the day. I and parents have counseled her for these weeks to still see no improvement. Bro is a fine happy boy. Today I was talking to her about her feelings and she plainly said to me looking me dead in the eye "when I cry my parents do what I want" and then she gave me a half smile. My husband and I had sometimes caught her doing sneaky hurtful things to the kids like pulling hair or pretending to accidently bump into a child which we always made her apologize for but now I am wondering if she is one of these people who just don't have much of a conscience and manipulate and lie to get what they want. Scary thought, but after she looked me dead in the eye and made that comment with that smile I got the creeps. I am so glad she is leaving for school. Her Mom says her behavior at home in normal. I did not tell Mom about what transpired today as she would reason it away but I know what I saw

Outgoing
    I had a foster son for a few months about 10 years ago. He was later diagnosed with personality disorder. He was 17 when he was with me. He could be very sweet and I liked him, but he had no conscience. He did drugs, broke house rules, and when we had to kick him out for breaking the rules, he went to a youth shelter. Broke the rules there too and got kicked out. Ended up in a terrible shelter for the homeless and decided to go back home. He came from a wonderful family who were at their wits' end. They made him leave their home because he was doing drugs, and they hoped that shipping him from Vancouver to Ontario would help him get away from bad friends. Anyway, the reason I mention this, is because of his complete lack of conscience and his ability to brilliantly manipulate those around him. It was quite frightening. And yet, he was so very likeable when he wanted to be. Very sad.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to treeholm For This Useful Post:

oh mimi, let me just add, that girls behavior IS "normal" but not by our standards, its just their normal. Typical spoiled brat, cry to get their own way normal. I have had kids like that, you really have to take a deep breath and a step back...otherwise you just might have the urge to give her a "taste of her own medicine"!!!!!!!!!!! your almost there!!

15. The Following User Says Thank You to kidlove For This Useful Post: