Daycare and childcare providers in Winnipeg, Toronto, Vancouver, Ontario etc. in CanadaGarderies à Montréal ou au QuébecFind daycare or childcare providers in the USA
Forum control
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Video monitors

Euphoric !

Video monitors

Does anyone know of a good video surveillance type system for daycare use? I am moving and will now have my daycare in my basement, but will need to bring kids up and down at pick-up and drop-off times, leaving others alone. Although I will put little ones in playpens etc. at these times, I would like to have the peace of mind to be able to see what they are doing at all times. This is also important at naptime as they will be downstairs and I will be up. I need something that has a portable monitor from which I can see and hear what is going on downstairs. Any advice?

Hmm! My sis works from home and uses some sort of vidoe monitor to keep an eye on her son through the day. (dont ask) I will check with her and see what it is exactly.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to kidlove For This Useful Post:

I have peers who use the wireless digital baby monitors and just get extra 'camera' options to get the views of the playroom as needed ... and they are awesome cause they are two way so if you see a child about to do something dangerous you can be the 'voice in the wall' that says 'hey johnny ~ hands to yourself'

http://www.tigerdirect.ca/applicatio...SRCCODE=CANLET
    Children construct their own intelligence. The adult must provide activities and context, but most of all must be able to listen. Children need proof that adults believe in them. Their three great desires are to be listened to, to understand, and to demonstrate that they are exactly what we expect."
    Loris Malaguzzi

okay just got word back from my sister, she says its "safety first" brand, and says its awsome, has sound option as well.

Euphoric !
    We were at Costco on the weekend and they had a couple of systems set up but forget if they were expensive or not.

Is there a way to have the group upstairs doing quiet things like colouring when it is pick up time.

Euphoric !
    Thanks everyone! I will look into the safety first as well as the one Reggio linked me to. I will also check out Costco as we are there every weekend And no, I'd really prefer to keep the kids downstairs especially since pick-up times can vary over the course of an hour. In good weather we are always outside at pick-up time, so no issue then, but sometimes it is too cold for the younger ones to stay out long enough. Also, I really want the system for naptime, especially when I have some on mats on the floor...I really need to know what they are doing!

keep us posted on what you find incase we are looking in the future.

Euphoric !
    I will let you know

Outgoing
    you could also just connect a wireless webcam to your laptop. That's what I do.

Outgoing
    I also use this one for my son http://www.amazon.ca/The-First-Years.../dp/B004EI3XEY. It's relatively expensive, going rate is about $250 in Canada, but it's awesome. I ended using it for on of my kids who climbed out of his playpen when he woke up from naps. It has a speaker so I would just tell him to get right back in and that was that lol