Daycare and childcare providers in Winnipeg, Toronto, Vancouver, Ontario etc. in CanadaGarderies à Montréal ou au QuébecFind daycare or childcare providers in the USA
Forum control
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: It's here....

Expansive...

It's here....

Autumn / Fall

We've had our AC off all week and the house hasn't been higher than 77 during the day and perfect at night! The neighbours tree was red and is now 1/2 full with orange leaves and the tree out front has some yellow in it already.....boooooo

It's "bitter sweet" - Fall is my favorite season! The crisp air, the smell of fireplaces on, thanksgiving, the crunch of the leaves, light sweaters, halloween!!!!! etc. If only winter didn't follow....ewww I HATE winter!

What do you love/like about fall?
    (most of you will say school.....LOL)
    Satisfaction Guaranteed or Double Your Kids Back!!

Shy
    I love fall too. I am a knitter so fall means sweaters, scarves, mittens love! I am with you on the smells, the crisp air, Halloween, thanksgiving I love it all...if only fall didn't mean winter is right around the corner it would be perfect!

Euphoric !
    Haha, Yarnlover, I never would have guessed you were a knitter!

I love the fall, it's my favourite time of the year after sweltering through a hot, humid summer.

I love the fall as well. I will miss the easiness of summer with no coats etc. and letting the kids play in the backyard without shoes and of course picnics outside. Fall though involves getting back to routine for everyone and enjoying a new season with new activities and crafts. I love the warm days and cool evenings.

jec
    Hasn't been higher than 77 ~ that is too high for me!!!!
    I've still had the air on but set at 71 so it doesn't go higher.

For me, Fall is my fav too! I love the windows open, crunch of the leaves, fireplace, hot chocolate and I also Love the Winter

This year we are putting up a fall tree in the house! Yup need one up this year!!! So exicted! The kids and I are going to make our own decorations- wax leaves once they start to change color and fall, some twine sticks. Make our own garland !! Can you ladies give me some other ideas for the tree decorations? Just not halloween yet

Everything you said mama mia, just reading your post sent shivers down my spine, I literally felt warm and fuzzy inside, Fall is my favorite by far, for all those reasons, the crisp air and the smell of the leaves on the trees, cant explain it, just LOVE it! and I LOVE thanksgiving and Christmas, those two celebrations are the best of the year BY FAR. There is so much love around Christmas time, I wish we could have more than one. I am ready for fall, well in a couple weeks!! ha ha The gardens are lovely and the trees are green, not ready just yet......couple weeks!!

Outgoing
    I find the fall can be quite depressing, but it can also be quite homey too. Depending on the weather and the sun. When the sun is gone and the leaves are gone, it's just depressing lol I think my favourite fall month is September because the leaves are just changing, it's still warm and sunny, but we need light sweaters and shoes (not sandals). My favourite thing aboutt he fall I think is just how homey it is - getting back into a routine, regular home cooked meals, quiet in the neighbourhood cause all the kids are back at school, socks and sweaters, sleeping with the windows open...that kind of stuff.

Unfortunately, it's not like that here! It's still hot and I just had to turn on the AC cause I was sweating buckets. I can't wait till we can open the windows and it no be so humid!

Yes if Fall was not precipitated by the wonderful colored leaves FALLING off the trees and signaling the impending arrival of that wet, messy, dirty white stuff that lines the streets when it is dark when you start work in the morning and dark again when you finish it than yes I would LOVE it!

I love the PRE-FALL ... when it is still light out at 8pm but the beginning of the cooler nights for sleeping but the warm enough days for spending them outside and picnicking still under the awesome reds / yellows / orange leaves ... if we could keep that weather all year long I would be set!
    Children construct their own intelligence. The adult must provide activities and context, but most of all must be able to listen. Children need proof that adults believe in them. Their three great desires are to be listened to, to understand, and to demonstrate that they are exactly what we expect."
    Loris Malaguzzi

Fall is my favourite season, has been as far back since maybe 4th grade I remembering the crispness it brings.
    I love it and am looking forward to shutting off the a/c for good and welcoming the cool cross breeze of the wind in the house.
    Was trying to pull the mister to the chapel for the first day of Autumn to tie the knot this September. Would so love that as an anniversary.

Euphoric !
    Well, it certainly hasn't arrived yet, it's freaking hot out there and looks like we'll be back at the splashpad next week at this rate, hot, hot, hot!