Daycare and childcare providers in Winnipeg, Toronto, Vancouver, Ontario etc. in CanadaGarderies à Montréal ou au QuébecFind daycare or childcare providers in the USA
Forum control
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
    For some reason where I live? or maybe its just the "going thing". Alot of parents are pulling their kids out of daycare at 3's and 4's and sending them to pre-school, not I have had some who were willing to drop off in am, pickup for preschool by noon and bring them back for the rest of the daym JUST TO GET THEIR CHILD that "much needed" education. That has ALOT to do with why I chose to go ahead with a full out preschool cir. in the first place, wanted to give the parents that extra "visual" of the fact their child was learning here and they didnt have to feel they had to make the choice to remove them for that time and all the extra travel it required was nuts, IMO. Just last year though was when the whole preschool craze seemed to be at its high, so thats when I decided to take a year off the themed program and go for the bucket idea with the "specials" every week. Do you all find that preschool is the BIG THING! with parents these days? or is Canada different on those views?

Outgoing
    I'm certainly not judging how others run their programs either, and I do like the idea of themes. Personally, I think my approach is a blend of montessori and emilia reggio, which means taking the idea of themes and a sense of order from Montessori, and letting the children dictate the curriculum from Emilia Reggio. My issue was that someone selling curriculum as a business should know enough about the field to use the jargon correctly. If your doctor wrote you a "perscripton" wouldn't you be a bit concerned LOL?

Euphoric !
    In school I learned to conjugate all my verbs correctly and what the plurals were and how to write things grammatically correct and then my new mother tongue became toddlerease. Not everyone even had the benefit of proper training in language use and write how they talk and talk in a way that people understand. Mothers helping others don't have the benefit of publishing company editors, etc. My gang doesn't use language corectly and accepts what I say even if I use a dangling participle. Spell check is only so good. There are also different acceptable translations depending on if it Canadian, American or British English too. Mistakes like that would not cause me to buy or not to buy something if what I was buying did not involve the need for that degree of properness. Just like some insist on doing small letters first and write even proper words in all small letters. Some make titles stand out by using all uppercase letters. Others use uppercase at the beginning and lowercase for the rest of the letters. Diversity and why we do things is part of education too.