Daycare and childcare providers in Winnipeg, Toronto, Vancouver, Ontario etc. in CanadaGarderies à Montréal ou au QuébecFind daycare or childcare providers in the USA
Forum control
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Do you ever

Outgoing

Do you ever

have one of those days where everything your kids do get on your nerves? Like things that normally don't bother you, bother you so much you can barely stand it. I'm having one of those days and when they happen, it always seems that the kids don't behave. I wonder often if it's me with lack of patience, or if it's them misbehaving and me losing my sanity or if it's all of us feeding off the other. Today hasn't been a good day. To top it off, my son had a dr's appointment, so he came home from his dr's appointment, and I tried to put him down for his nap but he laid in his crib and gabbed until he woke everyone up! boo. Off to the gym tonight to release some steam lol

apples and bananas
    I know what you mean! Everything has been irritating me lately. From the daycare kids to my own. UGH!!! I'm hoping it's just anxiety about the end of the summer and I have a new one starting in September plus I'm working on a new one right now... who does not nap the way I want him to! LOL

I have one that has found the on/off button for the tv and I swear she's pressing it just to irritate me! And another that is continuing to pull up my foam floor in the play room. Those are the only 2 things that really get under my skin. Oh well... Tomorrow's Friday! Woo Hoo!!!

I can't believe I've made it through this week.

Euphoric !
    Oh dear, TGIF tomorrow! I find I go through cycles of feeling so exhausted, then I remember all the great things about being self-employed, that my commute to work is just down my stairs, that I only answer to myself as the boss and supervisor and that my worst day is better than my best day ever was working out of the home. I also schedule a vacation week about every 3 months so I have a real rest and some fun to look forward to and know that I can recharge my batteries and come back fresh. It's very important to keep hold of our sanity and patience!

Euphoric !
    About this time of year it seems like daycare is falling apart. Kids have been coming and going all summer for vacations and weather - too hot, too rainy has played havoc with the schedule and families still in care spend too many evenings at the park and too late to bed so cranky kids in the morning. Summer is no fun and totally out of our control. September and stability seem to go hand in hand although it can take till thanksgiving if we are integrating new kids to replace those that left over the summer.

MMMMMMEEEEEE TTTTTTOOOOOOOOO! I really think its a mix of all of the above. The weather is changing, we are stressed over school starting, there are money issues due to the change in kids for most of us. Plus because of the weather, there are ALOT of sniffles and headaches. Hmmm, you add in your time of the month and...those kids a "treading on thin ice" ha ha. All my kids know when I get a certain "look" on my face, they just go play quietly until they see a smile. I guess we cant be perfect ALL the time!!!!!!

Euphoric !
    Yep...I know exactly what you mean! For me those days usually happen when I haven't had enough sleep or I'm feeling under the weather. I know that the kids feed off of my irritability and it spirals downward from there and I do my best ot stay calm and patient...but we are human! I definitely know that when I am energetic and feeling good, the kids behave much better and we all have great days. My only advice is to try to get some rest and a good night's sleep and it will seem much better. Hang in there!