Daycare and childcare providers in Winnipeg, Toronto, Vancouver, Ontario etc. in CanadaGarderies à Montréal ou au QuébecFind daycare or childcare providers in the USA
Forum control
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    Outgoing
    I have to agree with the dealing with the parents is the worst part. Most of the parents are great but then you get that odd one that drives you mad.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to daycaremom9 For This Useful Post:

Starting to feel at home...
    Best-Being home with my own kids, being my own boss.. reading books, playing and doing crafts all day LOL

Worst- Providing daycare for some kids that has their Mom at home, not working!!

gcj- how much does the government pay you per day per child then? Does your income max out at $7/day per child? or do you get paid more from the government? I am so curious as to how that works!

Thank you for your information!

Best best best: the kids. I do it for the kids. they are funny, amazing, exciting. (being with the kids, everyday reminds me of the glory of God, theres no way to me , that there is NO God, when I look into the face of a child, they amaze me to my very core) How can there be such amazing creation in this world as a child with out some sort of "devine intervention". children are a gift!!!!

worst part: the worldly aspect of "life" why cant it all be perfect? all the time. Mostly the parents get in the way, hate to say, and the stresses of getting paid on time, charging late fees, not letting the parents "push you around" "take advantage". yuck, I just want birds and sunshine every day!!!!!!
    ooooh, and worst part for me too: sickness!!!!! flu season! bad colds! etc.

ooooooooh! just realized one of the "BEST" parts of my job and this one is so true!!!!!! when I worked, ALOT of the people I worked with looked at me like I was CRAZY all day long because I love to act a little goofy and have fun. (I can be immature at times ) well.......the kids LOVE it! that is one of the BEST parts about my job. The crazier I get the more they love me, was quite the oposite in the office I worked before. HA HA love this job!

Best: being my own boss - no commute Bestest: watching those moments when the kids are playing well and enjoying each other.
    Worst: having parents pick kids up at closing and then wanting to chat about themselves for 15 min. Worstest: watching my sweeties break all the rules when their parents show up. (opening the door and running outside, flicking the doorstop, hitting the parent etc. and ignoring me when I try to correct behavior because parents won't.
    That felt good- a little therapy there

Best Part: Not having to work for someone else(though some might say you are technically working for the parents but I always see it as I do this for me and my family, its my personal business, the parents choose to be a part of it/ bring their child into it)

Worst Part: Reversing the teachings of bad learnt behaviors

Expansive...
    Best: here with my DD each day

Worst: seperation anxiety babies and parents....most parents....like 95% of them
    Satisfaction Guaranteed or Double Your Kids Back!!

Spixie33: thats so sad about the child left on their birthday did you throw them one and send the cake home with the negligent parents????? I would ,just to prove a point.....and to show the kid how much they are cared for!!!!

Great question! Best: I wear what I want (ie. my yoga pants that have never seen a yoga class...haha) & get to plan the day how I want (often that finds me on the ground playing along).
    Worst: Throwing food out...groceries are so darned expensive these days & when a little nose turns up on something I have worked hard to purchase, plan & prepare....arrrggggh hhh. I too miss the social aspect of my old job; but this site helps with that
    Children are great imitators.
    So give them something great to imitate.

~Anonymous~