Daycare and childcare providers in Winnipeg, Toronto, Vancouver, Ontario etc. in CanadaGarderies à Montréal ou au QuébecFind daycare or childcare providers in the USA
Forum control
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Shy

Tax Receipt Information

As a new private day home provider in Alberta I was wondering what information I would have to include on the tax receipt in January. Thank you!!

Shy
    Hi!
    my tax receipts always include the contact name and address of the family its going to, Name of Child and their rate,
    days paid, amount and for which weeks with a total.
    Your information (if you have a BIN number ect, or just your name and address).

There are some templates that help on Microsoft Word.

Best of luck!

3. The Following User Says Thank You to lotssoflove For This Useful Post:

Canada Revenue agency provides a sample on their website of what it MUST contain and than anything addition you want to add you can or if you want to use a fancy computer generated one with your logo or whatever you can as long as you provide all the info they require below.

http://www.cra-arc.gc.ca/tx/bsnss/tp...rcpts-eng.html
    Received from ____________________ ____________________ ______
    for caring for ____________________ _______________ (name of child)
    the sum of $ ____________________ ____________________ _______
    for the period from ____________________ to ____________________
    Services provided by ____________________ _________ (please print)
    Address ____________________ ____________________ ___________
    Daycare provider's Social insurance number ____________________ _________________
    Signature ____________________ ___________ Date ______________
    If second the suggestion of applying for a BIN (business identification number) so that you do not have to provide your SIN number as that can be used to steal your identity if it ends up in the wrong hands
    Children construct their own intelligence. The adult must provide activities and context, but most of all must be able to listen. Children need proof that adults believe in them. Their three great desires are to be listened to, to understand, and to demonstrate that they are exactly what we expect."
    Loris Malaguzzi

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Inspired by Reggio For This Useful Post:

Shy
    A new question to this thread: If it is for a family with 2 children, would you issue 1 receipt for each child, or 1 receipt with both children?

Euphoric !
    I issue one per family. They can claim a total based on number of children. I do it because that is how they pay me so the receipts they get is for the total paid each week and my annual statement is a total of the receipts I have given.

Euphoric !
    Don't stress over anything. I have a dcMom who works for CRA. She has never requested my SIN, she is great with just having the weekly receipts, no worries. You really don't have to be so anal and worried as long as you are honestly declaring all your income and you are providing receipts to all your clients.

Starting to feel at home...
    As for the BIN number , as per a tax info. session held by a CRA rep. it means nothing to them and we were essentially told it's a waste of time as they dont even use it/look at it .

Euphoric !
    Quote Originally Posted by lainey76 View Post
    As for the BIN number , as per a tax info. session held by a CRA rep. it means nothing to them and we were essentially told it's a waste of time as they dont even use it/look at it .
    You are right lainey76 because the BIN is for the provincial government and the federal government doesn't care about it. That issue confused me when I started because my dcMom who works for CRA was telling me I don't need a BIN and other HDCP's in my area were adamant that I should have one. However, I think if you are caught without a BIN by the prov. gvmt. you would be in trouble. How do they catch you? I have no idea! Good question!

Euphoric !
    Actually there are two programs. The BN (business number) is a federal program. I have a number with them which allows me to import the felt products that I sell and to collect and remit the HST.

The BIN is an Ontario provincial number for a business and is only for use when communicating with the provincial government about stuff.

Now whether you get a BN from the federal government when you register you business not sure but I would assume. So it is a BN you need that could be used on taxes not a BIN.

Euphoric !
    My CRA dcMom informed me that we don't need a BN at all though unless you have a payroll or some other things that don't apply to us. It's all explained very well on the websites if you google but I could find the links if anyone seriously wants them.