Daycare and childcare providers in Winnipeg, Toronto, Vancouver, Ontario etc. in CanadaGarderies à Montréal ou au QuébecFind daycare or childcare providers in the USA
Forum control
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    apples and bananas
    I wouldn't take the 12 hour day. It's hard on the kid, and it's hard on you. I've done it and I had to terminate, it was just too much.

If I was in a financial position where I had to, then I would charge an extra $5.00 per half hour outside of my normal hours. So, in your case... an extra 20 bucks. Ya, I might do 12 hours for 60 a day... however, I doubt anyone would pay it.

Outgoing
    2x a month i do this for one of my dcf. this was arranged during the interview process and they pay me an extra $10/day ontop my daily fee plus they provide her additional meals. 2x a month is more than enough for me. i could never do it more than that. as the other ladies have mentioned, no money is worth your sanity.

Shy
    Don't do it. Isn't there a regulation of how long children are allowed to be in care as well?

Outgoing
    I have done twelve hour shifts three days a week for full pay but I also ran an evening shift at that time I would NEVER keep a kid twelve hours a day five days a week. My max is a nine hour day for five day a week kids. If you are able to do the longer hours and the parent is willing to pay for a FULL week for the three long days then possibly you could consider it. It's when the parent wants twelve hour days and a part time rate where it gets sticky. You will resent it quickly because your hourly rate will be very low.
    Home of child care expertise. Child care consultant for home providers, child care centers, and parents. http://daycarewhisperer.com/
    Please join us on Facebook
    https://www.facebook.com/home.php#!/daycare.whisperer