Daycare and childcare providers in Winnipeg, Toronto, Vancouver, Ontario etc. in CanadaGarderies à Montréal ou au QuébecFind daycare or childcare providers in the USA
Forum control
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    unfortunately, you couldnt pay me enough to take school aged kids, just dont like that age group. I would however LOVE to have all my kids take like 5 hours in the afternoon off!!!! ha ha ha ha just kidding! Good luck if you do do before and after only.....that would be a dream for any mom who runs a daycare. My ONLY huge complaint with this job is that I dont have the ability to do for my own "school aged" kids as I would like because the daycare takes up my entire day!

Starting to feel at home... angelina's Avatar
    i have an after school only, she pays $7 a day. None in my area offer that, but we have before /after here for $15 in the area.
    She ask nicely if $7 is okay, since it is only afternoon. So, I said yes, as long as your provide food/snacks. These kids can eat your house.LOL

Its small amount, but not bad. I have a contract with her 2:45pm to 5pm and pick up is usually around 4pm. And that means I have my coffee in peace in the morning, and my toddler can roam in their pajamas and spill my coffee while sitting on my lap till 8am. My first toddler does not arrive until 8:15am.

I feel my own toddler, 2 years old is starting to get clingy to me, i sense maybe he is jealous as he saw i was watching a baby couple of weeks ago(which is gone now, thank GOD), and i have parent interview with a toddler his age.

So, it is not good money wise for me, but gives me freedom bit to have time with my own toddler.

Does anyone have their own toddler who tends to start clingy because of changes in the house (new baby in care, parent interview with toddlers). any tips how you handle it?
    angie
    If they whine, give them cheese. If they're not hugable, hug yourself. (me)

Euphoric !
    My 2 year old daughter was a bit clingy before...although I think it was more boredom than jealousy as all my dck's were boys and nobody really clicked with her in terms of wanting to do the same things. I recently started a little girl who just turned three and I barely even see my daughter now LOL She is soooo happy because she and the other little girl play dolls all day long...they are like little soul mates...they never fight...always agree on what to play and how and are stuck to each other like glue all day This was so lucky for me, but also took making some hard decisions which fortunately paid off I hope you will find a child who clicks like that with your child and then hopefully he will be less clingy.

Outgoing
    I too have been thinking about switching to B/A care only. Meme-how did you find families who only needed this type of care? I am also now considering maybe only doing p/t Mon-Wed. We will see, not until after my next Mat leave