Daycare and childcare providers in Winnipeg, Toronto, Vancouver, Ontario etc. in CanadaGarderies à Montréal ou au QuébecFind daycare or childcare providers in the USA
Forum control
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Starting to feel at home...

New kids for fall!

I had a great summer and now I have some new kids starting for September! I have a 1-year-old full-time, and 3 before/after school kids. I've never done before/after care before, so this is a change for me! They are all boys, plus I have my own son, so it's going to be a house full of energy that's for sure! I am looking forward to it though.

Anyone else have new kids starting this month?

Euphoric !
    Started a new one year old - 2 days last week then fulltime starting today. He is sitting on my lap screaming while I type with one hand. Have another one year old starting mid-october. One more space to fill.

Shy
    Oh, play felt, good news on filling up, bad news on the screaming. My new little guy finally stopped crying all day after 2 weeks. Today at drop off he didn't even shed one tear. Wishing you a speedy transition.

apples and bananas
    I started a new one about 3 weeks ago. He's currently upstair screaming in his playpen. LOL And another 3 year old who's sitting at the table ignoring his snack and looking at me like I'm from another world. LOL It's funny watching the new ones adjust to new situations.

Euphoric !
    My new baby was supposed to arrive at 9am for their first day and it is now 9:35. Hmmmmmm, not a good start. I hope they arive soon with a good explanation. Good luck with your newbies everyone.

Outgoing
    My one year old dcb is asleep, and the 3.5 year old dcg is playing happily with my 3.5 year old granddaughter. So far so good.. not sure why I was so nervous last night I could hardly sleep LOL

Outgoing
    Quote Originally Posted by Momof4 View Post
    My new baby was supposed to arrive at 9am for their first day and it is now 9:35. Hmmmmmm, not a good start. I hope they arive soon with a good explanation. Good luck with your newbies everyone.
    My two year old that started end of July, and who is leaving, his parents were 1.5 hours late on their first day. I guess they just thought it wasn't important. I set them straight immediately lol

I don't have any new ones starting, but I need some. I need one for october 1st and one for november 5th. I'm trying not to panic, but it's difficult for me.

I've also thought about doing some before and after school care. I thought that if I had two of those, I could forfeit one full timer, making my days a little less hectic. But I wouldn't be able to pick them up from school, the bus would have to bring them here, so we'll see how that goes.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Littledragon For This Useful Post:

I need 1 fulltime, send me some prayers and positive thoughts!!!!!!!!!

Euphoric !
    Quote Originally Posted by Littledragon View Post
    My two year old that started end of July, and who is leaving, his parents were 1.5 hours late on their first day. I guess they just thought it wasn't important. I set them straight immediately lol

I don't have any new ones starting, but I need some. I need one for october 1st and one for november 5th. I'm trying not to panic, but it's difficult for me.

I've also thought about doing some before and after school care. I thought that if I had two of those, I could forfeit one full timer, making my days a little less hectic. But I wouldn't be able to pick them up from school, the bus would have to bring them here, so we'll see how that goes.
    Good for you LittleDragon. We have to make sure the parents know our rules from Day One. My new baby fell asleep at 5 to 9 and the Mom woke him at 9:30 to get him here as soon as she could, so all is forgiven here, haha. He's only here this one day this week and since his Mom left I have to hold him or he screams. It's already been a long day and it's only been less than 2 hours! Transitioning newbies sux!

Expansive...
    I have a brother/sister starting new today. Sister is after school only while brother is almost 3yrs FT. So I have 10mos girl, 3yrs FT boy, 3yrs PT boy (coming back next week), 5yr old A/S girl and my 2.5yr daughter.

I interviewed a 2yr old girl last week.....lets see!
    Satisfaction Guaranteed or Double Your Kids Back!!