Daycare and childcare providers in Winnipeg, Toronto, Vancouver, Ontario etc. in CanadaGarderies à Montréal ou au QuébecFind daycare or childcare providers in the USA
Forum control
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    Outgoing
    Today we had banana bread and apples that a parent had brought for us as a treat LOVE when they do that! So nice!

Afternoon snack we will probably have deli ham, cheese and a couple ritz crackers.

I try to stay away from the Goldfish, when I have them in teh house, its all my 2yo son wants!! Same goes for juice, which I now have to hide in the house!

So milk and water to drink everyday here. Other typical snacks we serve:
    blueberries or strawberries, graham crackers, yogurt, apple sauce, cheese, crackers, pb on toast, raisen bread, bagle w cream cheese or butter, cucumber slices, carrot sticks, pear or apple slices, watermelon or pineapple. I serve hardly anything twice in the same week we have so many options.

Mind you, most of my kids are 2yo, so these are all options for them.
    I have a 10 month old and a 14 month old who would just need these things cut up tinier, but they are able to eat all of these choices. I find the mum mums are pricey, and honestly are empty of nutrients, so its just a filler food I think.

I usually do a grain, a dairy and a fruit/veg (or both). Nothing wrong with fruit and goldfish, or fruit and mum mum. Mom's cracked, IMO.

Ask her what she feeds the kid.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Sandbox Sally For This Useful Post:

Wait...what's wrong with goldfish? I serve the whole grain or pretzel kind. IMO, they're better than a lot of cracker/breads on the market as far as overall junk content.

Outgoing
    I serve the same thing, cheese and crackers, fruit, toast, apple sauce, cereal, my own garden veggies with some dip, hummus and pita bread, homemade tortillas chips with some salsa (sometimes fruit salsa), banana bread, muffins, oatmeal cookies and sometimes we make our own rice crispies or bread or anything I have planned as a culinairy activity. That's usually reserve on a special Friday. I see nothing wrong with what you are serving. I would simply tell the parent that she is allowed to provide anything she feels her child may need if she is not ok with the menu or do not think it will suffice. Provided she checks with me to ensure there are no allergie concerns in the daycare.

Shy
    Quote Originally Posted by kidlove View Post
    I have cherry tomatoes growing out my behind right now, currently have bags and bags at the end of my driveway for sale, I cant feed them fast enough.. ha ha ha Too bad you dont live closer I would send you some "free of charge"
    Where do you live maybe we can arrange something

toregone, give that kid some cheese with his fruit or banana, those help bind. ha ha dont you hate it when the day care get s the blame? my kid said a bad word, must be the day care! my kid has the sh***! must be the day care. My kid stayed up late, must be the day care!!! my kids and idiot, must be the day care!!!

jtlt: was thinking of a way to float them to you across the waters from the US, or maybe a refridgerated balloon drop!!!!!!!!!

9. The Following User Says Thank You to kidlove For This Useful Post:

hay jtlt: you want to know how to keep her quiet? (sorry but sounds like she has control issues) just inform her that if she is not happy with what is provided she is more than welcome to pack his lunch and snacks EVERY DAY from now on! that way there will be no more concerns re:the quality of foods you provide. can almost gaurentee she will "back track" right quick.....wants to complain about your service but almost a fact, she doesnt want to replace it with her own efforts.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to kidlove For This Useful Post:

My crew menu plans with me and morning snacks .... fresh fruit / veggie is served with every snack and than either a protein or a grain.

These are a few of the kids top picks
    • Mexican Pinwheel Wraps
    • Homemade Cookies …. Oatmeal raisin, PB, Ginger snap Cookies, Hermits, Macaroons,
    • Cheese, Fish Crackers & Craisins and fruit
    • Pita triangles & Pate & Grapes
    • Crackers, Cheese and fruit
    • Fruit kabobs and yogurt dip
    • Devilled Eggs and fruit
    • Mini muffins … cranberry lemon, Zucchini carrot, Banana Chocolate chip, Cherry Oatmeal surprise
    • Mini cheesecakes …. Graham wafer and flavoured cream cheese with raspberries stuck on top
    • Rice Crisp Squares and agave and fruit puree in them instead of marshmallows
    • Mini Ice- cream Cones with banana sliced into cone
    • Vanilla pudding and mandarin oranges
    • Homemade Bits and Bites with Craisins
    • P&B crackers and fruit
    • Ants on a log (celery, peanut butter or cream cheese, raisins and chocolate chips)
    • Veggies and various Dip
    • Pita and hummus
    • Pretzels and spinach dip
    • Peanut butter banana dogs (mini dinner rolls made to look like a hotdog)
    • Nachos with salsa
    • Popcorn

Because I too want some so I also bought a little 'fish' cookie cutter that we use some of these gluten free recipes to make this for our goldfish cause the store bought ones are not an option for me to share...here is the link.

http://www.adventuresofaglutenfreemo...n-free-style/#

I do serve the store bought ones on occasion but no the traditional brand of 'goldfish' but rather the ones called Annie's Organics these are more for a treat and in the summer when I do not always want my oven on cause it is too hot
    Children construct their own intelligence. The adult must provide activities and context, but most of all must be able to listen. Children need proof that adults believe in them. Their three great desires are to be listened to, to understand, and to demonstrate that they are exactly what we expect."
    Loris Malaguzzi

Expansive...
    Quote Originally Posted by kidlove View Post
    my kids and idiot, must be the day care!!!
    aint that the truth....WE get blamed for it all when its THEM who "mess" the kids up 95% of the time
    Satisfaction Guaranteed or Double Your Kids Back!!

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Mamma_Mia For This Useful Post: