Daycare and childcare providers in Winnipeg, Toronto, Vancouver, Ontario etc. in CanadaGarderies à Montréal ou au QuébecFind daycare or childcare providers in the USA
Forum control
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Wee watch

Much of an experience is about perception and values ... I have worked in centres where 50% of the staff LOVED it there and 50% of the staff HATED it and same with client's experiences with centres or organizations!

Heck I grew up in the same house as my 5 siblings and yet we have totally different 'perceptions' of what our childhood was like .... we filter things through our own bias and beliefs and other experiences ... not to mention that how a business is running depends greatly on who is actually 'running it' and interpreting the rules and so forth.
    Children construct their own intelligence. The adult must provide activities and context, but most of all must be able to listen. Children need proof that adults believe in them. Their three great desires are to be listened to, to understand, and to demonstrate that they are exactly what we expect."
    Loris Malaguzzi

Euphoric !
    Oh dear, darasmommy, you were at a horrible 'babysitter' and I and my colleagues on this site are NOT babysitters. We are home daycare providers who are dedicated to our profession and that's why it's important for us to have websites like this where we support and help each other. When a parent such as yourself has a bad experience we are very happy to help and advise too. However, you have attacked and abused us so far, so I hope you will change your tactics and we as nurturers and caregivers will be happy to help you.

When my children were young I had good and bad 'babysitters' but that's why I don't appreciate anybody calling me by that moniker.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Momof4 For This Useful Post:

Euphoric !
    Wee watch must be really hard up for providers cause I see their ads on kijiji all the time. I don't need an agency I'm doing fine independently. I have an amazing set up so I'm told by everyone that interviews .... Just wish I could take them all.

Euphoric !
    Now I see where all the animosity is comming from at least. This is very sad that you had a bad experience with a home daycare and that your daughter was not cared for properly. I feel very sad when I hear stories like this...I really truly do and I hope that you have found something good for your child. But please remember that you cannot paint everyone with the same brush. If you had food poisoning at a restaurant, would you stop eating at ALL restaurants or just that one? We are nto all the same and I know that there are many of us who provide excellent care. This is why I encourage parents to really do their homework before placing their child in care...check references, do a thorough interview, drop in unexpectedly from time to time. I did all of these things when my son was in daycare and I had an excellent experience and he still talks about his daycare (he is now 17 years old).

Quote Originally Posted by darasmommy View Post
    Just because it is a licensed daycare setting does not mean it is "better" all the time...my daughter went to a WW home daycare and was not stimulated at all...put in front of tv most of the time, so we had to take her out. She was miserable there and we were not impressed at all with this babysitter's lack of concern for the children in her "care"

I don't ever write reviews on businesses, in fact I never have before but I feel parents should be warned about Wee Watch as I wish I had before I trusted my son in their care. Our experience with Wee Watch started out fine, and I will say they have some helpful, great staff. HOwever our son's care was becoming of increasing concern to us- being fed garbage, taken out in freezing conditions, etc... and the final straw was when his wee watch provider prevented me from coming in to see my son or the children's area- physically putting a hand up to me and saying I had to wait outside. The next day I called her and she told me "this is a home not a day care, if you want to see your son take him to a day care" She also had 2 different stories why i was not welcome in the house. Wee Watch demonstratedly did not care at all about my son or how vulnerable I felt as they said I still had to pay for 2 weeks after he left- and now have taken me to collections to financially exploit the situation. The emotional stress they cause is compounded by an extreme financial exploitation. They take advantage of parents who want to protect their children and I strongly recommend parents avoide them when considering child care- there are many more options with professional integrity and compassion- which is important when talking about the care of a child.

Starting to feel at home...
    The owner and operator of Wee Watch is divorcing his wife because he cheated on her. The wife started the company and there is legal battle now. That being said the husbands sister runs the corporate office which includes North York, Mississauga, Milton and Oakville. I worked for them in the office and I have seen first hand how mean, belittling they are and the operator is a bully. there is such a large turn over of providers and staff because this woman has bullied the last 5 supervisors into quitting in the past 2 years yup 5 supervisors in 2 years.
    However as much as i would love to see this business crash and burn there are wonderful providers with great programming, there are also teriible providers which are called the "Subsidy homes" they are basically homes that are open only to place subsidised children and to make more money at the end of the day... I would really really steer clear of this organization.

Expansive...
    I have a lot of clients in my daycare whose parents pulled them from wee watch. apparently there is zero communication, they charge too much and pay shit to their employees wages and don't really supply you with what they say they will. the supervision is all crap. parents beware of them, providers should stay the hell away

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Cadillac For This Useful Post:

Thanks for sharing your info, I have never heard about it, but thanks for your opinion and experience

Exclamation WeeWatch

My son was with Wee Watch in Mississauga. He was with them for a year in half. At first everything seemed to be fine but at the end I noticed that his behaviour was different. He seemed upset and withdrawn. Every time we would pull up to the caregivers house he would scream and say "no I don't want to go" he would also say "too much yelling". I also noticed that he knew every character on the Disney Channel and Treehouse (we don't watch t.v. at our house). So obviously he watched a lot of television at the caregivers house. When we told Wee Watch about this all they said was that they would look into it. Well my husband and I decided to take him out of WeeWatch because our son told us that she yells too much! Well WeeWatch still charged us for the 2 weeks that he didn't attend and refused to give our money back. All they care about is money not the well being of our children. The caregiver is still working and has taken on new kids. There is no real training for the caregivers of our children and most of them hardly speak English!!!!! Don't ever put your child there!!! My son now goes to a Montessori School and I have noticed a dramatic change in his behaviour and academics. I feel that the caregiver neglected him and it took away a year and half of learning for my son!!!!!!

Outgoing
    My kids went to a Wee Watch home daycare when they were younger, and although we were generally happy with her, I wouldn't operate through them. We got sent monthly "reports" once a month done by the WW inspector, and they were a complete joke. Every month it was exactly the same thing..."Child's name had the opportunity to colour with a black crayon," etc. It told us nothing. My provider told me WW gave her $2.50 per kid per meal, so when we were picking up at 5:30, she fed the kids cold wieners at 5pm and called it "dinner" so that she got an extra $5 for the cost of 2 cold, processed wieners. She would also cheat at lunchtimes, feeding them earlier or later so that the max number of kids were present for lunch and she would get the most money. Now, that was one individual provider, who was in other ways fine, but when I found out about cold wieners for dinner I flipped. After we left and I went on Mat leave, I took my kids over to visit her and the WW inspector was there filling out her monthly reports. She was writing reports about kids that weren't even there that day, just fudging the date and asking the provider what things the child is doing that month so that she wouldn't have to come by another time. It sounded like they cut a lot of corners. I also saw her pay sheets...she was only getting $28 a day for kids over age 2, up to 10 hours a day. The going rate here is between 25-35, but you can be sure that the parents were getting charged more in order to give WW their cut. She had no power to raise or change rates, either.
    I wouldn't go with an agency regardless, since I have 3 young kids of my own, so wouldn't make any money. WW in particular though, seems to cut corners and turn a blind eye to things in order to make money.