Daycare and childcare providers in Winnipeg, Toronto, Vancouver, Ontario etc. in CanadaGarderies à Montréal ou au QuébecFind daycare or childcare providers in the USA
Forum control
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    Last week my 14 month dcg started. Mom brought a bag full of stuff that was packed like she only had a minute because her house was on fire. The dcg's extra clothes were jeans and a sweater (humidex that day 37), 3 tubs of diaper cream, 2 diapers (for a f/d) and mom's sweater. My other 14 month dcg started last week also. Her mom has all items labled, clothes folded like she has worked in a laudromat and enough diapers for a month. From one extreme to the other

2. The Following User Says Thank You to mimi For This Useful Post:

Euphoric !
    Mimi that's hilarious !

apples and bananas
    I have enough space at my front door that I have cubbies from Ikea. everyone gets one and that's where the supplies go. I pull enough diapers for the day in the am and put them at the change table and put everything back at night (wipes) So parents can see how many are left and how many are being used. I always tell parents I go through about 4 a day unless we have multiple poops.

I have a parent who just wont leave stuff here, so I take wipes out of the bag...diapers too, and I just dont tell her I take them..Then I have my own supply...AHAHAHA oh and I also take clothes out of his bag too LOL...

You know what she doesn't even notice they are gone LMAO
    Last edited by dodge__driver11; 09-06-2012 at 08:54 AM.

why do parents do that? insist on bringing everything daily, I always explain to them, "it's so much easier to have it all here, just bring in your kid and a smile", otherwise they have a bag that they have to remember is fully loaded, change of clothes, diapers, sippy, soother, blankey, snacks, bottle if needed, wipes, formula. It just seems crazy, for babies I ask for 2 changes of clothes (I do the laundry, that way when one outfit gets dirty it gets washed and replaces the extra I had to use) the only time they give more clothes is when they out grow the extras. I always have them provide formula and water one container at a time, (i let them know when I have about a weeks left) same with diapers and wipes,( I let them know about a week in advance I will need more) I ask for a blanky that will stay here (I wash) and that goes for bottles, sippy cups and soothers as well. Everything a child needs while at my house every day should be at my house every day. I HAVE in the past gone out to the store and purchased much needed backups BECAUSE parents were "forgetful" or "stubborn". It just makes my day easier if I have it all at my house, and its not worth the fight sometimes. Plus...I dont have a ton of room, I hate having to find space for the daily "bag of stuff", not to mention I think a little plays on the "germs" of the traveling bag and blanky! YUCK!!

I also go to the Good Will and other second hand stores on a regular basis and pick up cheap items it seems the kids always go through, socks and pants rubber boots, and SNOW GEAR tons of snow gear, If a child doesnt come with the proper gear, there is NO way we will all suffer inside all day. I always have extra snow pants, mits and hats. And always make sure to have one pack of super cheap size 6 diapers for the "just incase" moments when the child runs out unexpected or the parent forgets extra diapers.

Euphoric !
    I have some old clothes that were left here once in a while accidentally and of course once by the family who took off without notice or payment. So when I have a little boy without extra clothes in his backpack he goes home in a neon pink shirt and shorts. That's my method of teaching the parents that they must be prepared. Why should we have to go to Goodwill and buy clothes or buy diapers? We already have such a small profit margin.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Momof4 For This Useful Post:

I agree with mom of 4 I would not being going to goodwil or purchasing extra....I have had extra diapers that parents have left and clothes that my son doesnt fit, and I do send girls home in boys stuff....but tyhat is kinda where I draw the line...

Starting to feel at home...
    My daycare kids don't need diapers anymore but one daycare kid comes just as is. No change of clothes, dressed like winter in the mornings and come afternoon they are sweating in the heavy sweater that was put on them.... no change of under wear just 'in case'

Expansive...
    LOL, I have a parent who does the opposite. Her daughter is toilet trained, but still wears a pull up for nap time. So, only one a day. But Mom packs 5-8 pullups a day!!! And if I leave them in the bag, she pulls them out and hands them to me at the end of the day. Yesterday, she arrived and was like "OMG! I forgot pullups!!! Do you have an extra pair?" I told her I had about 25 extra pairs.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Lou For This Useful Post: