Daycare and childcare providers in Winnipeg, Toronto, Vancouver, Ontario etc. in CanadaGarderies à Montréal ou au QuébecFind daycare or childcare providers in the USA
Forum control
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Starting to feel at home...
    Thanks ladies. I definitely don't want to risk my laptop getting wrecked! I do have an old desktop that is in my son's room, but it doesn't have internet, which is what this kid wants. Ah well, I guess he'll have to make do with playing/crafts/books/etc lol.

Euphoric !
    Unbelievable! Children with their own laptops and ipads and dvd players and tvs in their room. I know I'm old but all I had was a radio and a record player.

There is no way a child would be allowed to use my computer at daycare. I get a little ticked off when they turn the tv on by themselves.

I wouldnt let them on my personal computer, however, in the past I had an old computer donated for the purpose of "kid use" I had certain programs downloaded (they were limited to education only) that would be ok, but not your personal computer.

Quote Originally Posted by Toregone View Post
    It's not only normal but a requirement. In the Catholic schools here (not sure about the public) children in grade 4 or 5 (can't remember which grade) need thier own laptop as a required school supply. So they have it with them every day anyway, she figures why not allow them to use it. Mostly they just do homework from what I understand.
    Really? A requirement? I really feel for the families that are just scraping by financially (for whom new school shoes are a financial hardship)....a laptop? Don't get me wrong, a great learning tool....I use my IPad as a teaching tool all of the time with my DCK's (& my own children).
    Children are great imitators.
    So give them something great to imitate.

~Anonymous~

Outgoing
    I agree, I wouldn't allow them to use it. Again, what if something happened to your computer? If you really wanted to let them use it, though, I would clear it with the parents first just to make sure they were alright with it.

Starting to feel at home...
    I have allowed the children to view something on the computer or watch a clip of something pertaining to our program. These activities are SUPERVISED and the children do not touch the computer. In terms of allowing the children to play or serf on the computer, that I wouldn't allow. My own children are too young for computer time so I don't even have parental controls set up. I would not allow children on the computer because it has the potential to be dangerous and because it could get broken.