Daycare and childcare providers in Winnipeg, Toronto, Vancouver, Ontario etc. in CanadaGarderies à Montréal ou au QuébecFind daycare or childcare providers in the USA
Forum control
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Red flags?

Wow! so glad it worked out the way it did, unfortunate that you lost a client, but fortunate at the very same time, that one like that left on their own. (and with respect toward you) too bad the Mom was a wimp and the Dad had to do the dirty work, if she could text while driving to tell you "she was driving", you'd think she could have politely returned your text with a call to say, they found other care and appreciated your "short care". whatever...either way, things ALWAYS happen for a reason and I'm sure you will be fine until another "more fitting" family comes along! Good for you! and Well Wishes on finding the Perfect Family!!!

Euphoric !
    It sounds like they were waiting to hear back from another daycare and thats why they never paid you or signed the contract. When someone is very non committal it's generally not a good sign ... Sorry this happened unfortunately it has happened to most of us .... I had two in my first year that paid the very minor deposit to hold the spots for multiple months and both went elsewhere .... Taught me to beef up my deposit and holding fees ! Never happened since ; )

Red face

So today ended up being a really good day actually. Just this afternoon, I had one mom email me looking for care for her 9 month old in January and another mom call me and leave a message gushing about my website, saying I look amazing and hoped that I still have a spot (twice) - also for January for a one year old, lol..but I don't care! It's interest, from seemingly sane people (:P), and it's actually the ages of children that I prefer working with (although, I know they'll get older but it's ok because I'll have already bonded with them. I find it harder to bond with children who are already 3 or 4 but when I've known them since they were babies, when they're 3 or 4 it's fine) The only thing left from this earlier episode is that I still haven't heard anything about these parents picking up their daughter's things. It's just clothing. Any suggestions about what to do with it?

Euphoric !
    Yay terrific news .... Some things just seem to work them selves out .... As for the clothes I would just wait till they contact you ....

Seriously with the spam already and what kind of 'translation' criteria is the spammers program using cause that makes no sense at all translated into English ~ honestly if your going to spam us at least make sure your program translates to the English language properly
    Children construct their own intelligence. The adult must provide activities and context, but most of all must be able to listen. Children need proof that adults believe in them. Their three great desires are to be listened to, to understand, and to demonstrate that they are exactly what we expect."
    Loris Malaguzzi