Daycare and childcare providers in Winnipeg, Toronto, Vancouver, Ontario etc. in CanadaGarderies à Montréal ou au QuébecFind daycare or childcare providers in the USA
Forum control
+ Reply to Thread
    Starting to feel at home...

Too good to be true?

Just started my dayhome this week - first day was Tuesday. At that point just had 1 p/t dcg - 10 months old. She was an absolute dream both days she was here. Did not stop smiling. Ate great, napped great. Mom is wonderful and was here for drop off and pick up exactly when she said she would be.

Had a 2 1/2 y/o sign on to start Monday. He came for an hour yesterday and is such a sweet boy. Played really well by himself. Didn't get upset at all when Mom left. Very polite. Mom dropped off and picked up within a few minutes of when she said she would.

Have a 14 month old girl for her first day today. Dad dropped her off exactly when he was supposed to. She has not shed a tear yet. Ate great, and went down for a nap with not so much as a whimper.

Now I'm just waiting for my luck to run out. This has been a dream job so far - any chance I'll be saying the same thing a week from now? I assume most kids aren't this easy? I'm afraid to take on another one - don't want to ruin a good thing!

Also, my own kids are older (15, 12 and 8) and are LOVING having babies around. They are a huge help before and after school. They walk in the door and the first thing they say - "Where's the baby??". So cute!! I'm sure that will change though, but I've sure enjoyed my first week!

Hope you all have had a great week too!

Whatever you are doing keep it up! It's working It makes a huge difference when your family participates in your daycare. My 17 yr old daughter loves the little ones too and is always eager to help.

Outgoing
    GymMom, so glad your first week is going well! Mine is too, although not as great as yours LOL. My two dcc have settled in well, but the 12 month old does not like to go down for a nap. I think I finally won that battle today. After crying for an hour, he did go to sleep, and has slept for just over an hour! His Mom says that if he sleeps for an hour a day that's a huge victory, so I'm feeling really good about that.

apples and bananas
    That's fantastic! You are doing something right for sure. You must be an excellent judge of character. I'm sure all of your days will be wonderful. Congratulations!

Good for you GymMom: hope it all stays the same, sounds like you may have hit the jackpot, the Day Care Providers "dream" new TERRIFIC kids. it sure helps to have Great Parents too, good for you, maybe you should write down this "happy" stuff so IF (hopefully never) but lets be real, if it goes away for a bit or IF you have a rough day, you can take yourself back to these very emotions to help you get through. Yay! I am so happy everything is going well. Word to the wise though...there will come a time when your own kids get a little tired of things. but more often than that they will really enjoy having "younger siblings", my kids def have their "moments" but dont think they would change a thing. they hug and love on the daycare kids all day long!!!

Euphoric !
    GymMom, that is wonderful, you chose the best clients possible and the best children as well by the sound of it. My new baby started last Tuesday and cried all morning but ate and slept well then was happy the rest of the day. You just never know.

Treeholm, I'm glad to hear you are starting out well too.

The Daycare Gods are smiling on you!! Enjoy...sounds like you've got a great crew!