Daycare and childcare providers in Winnipeg, Toronto, Vancouver, Ontario etc. in CanadaGarderies à Montréal ou au QuébecFind daycare or childcare providers in the USA
Forum control
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Beyond Rude ...No Shows Interviews

I'm fuming. Just want to vent a tad

This is the second NO SHOW I've had with a scheduled interview. I've been desperately trying to fill my last space (DCG graduated to JK this Sept).

I've had quite a few responses (mostly..."How much you charge?") So I get pretty psyched when a phone interview goes well and we set up a time to meet and discuss daycare needs, see my daycare, etc.

First interview I set up, I spoke to the mom for at least 10 minutes. We agreed on a time. I went on a cleaning spree (it was the weekend) and then....NO SHOW. No call...no nothing. Needless to say I was so pretty angry..but figured what are you gonna do...part of the business. Rude parents are nothing new right?

Then a few weeks later (yesterday) get a frantic call from a father looking for daycare ASAP as his current daycare provider is apparently hitting his 27 month old daughter ! We discussed my daycare a bit and he just lives down the street from me apparently and was very interested in coming to see me. Well...long story short....another NO SHOW. Beyond rude. How do people do this?? Now if buddy does show up he will be over 45 min late. A BIG red flag. So already I'm discouraged. I"m tempted to send him away if he comes and tell him...Sorry our meeting was 45 (or more) minutes ago. You are disrupting my family time...I'm not interested...being prompt is courteous..so is a phone call if you are late" but sadly I don't think I'm going to get this satisfaction.

I'm never going to fill this spot. And we really need the income.

How many No Shows is normal when trying to fill a spot? Anyone else gone thru this?

Euphoric !
    Vent away. So sorry to hear this. Stuff happens to everybody and I give people one chance to explain then if they let me down again I cross them off my list. Do you have a thorough pre-screen process by email or phone to weed out the disresptful people? Wishing you great luck with your next interviews.

Infuriating People tend to do this to other businesses which require an appointment - just ask your hairdresser the next time you see him/her. They are so inconsiderate of other people's time and efforts. In a way be grateful they showed their true colours up front instead of going through hell and having to terminate. Sending you good vibes. You will fill your spot

4. The Following User Says Thank You to mimi For This Useful Post:

Starting to feel at home...
    I had a no show this week too. Interview was scheduled for 6:30, I emailed her at 6:45 asking if she was still coming, or if she wanted to reschedule. She emailed me back right away (goes to her phone) saying "Oh, I forgot, sorry!" And that was all she said, didn't even answer the question. Drives me batty. I think that's the first no-show I've had though.

Outgoing
    Oh my gosh I've had 3 no shows since feb. and even had a family (on of the no shows) come back for an interview WITH little 3 year old. After the interview the little girl did not want to leave and parents with grand parent seemed very happy and PROMISED the little girl she would come back. Made plans to make another appointement to sign the contract and they NO SHOWED and never eard from them again. TRULY poor little girl ... what else have you promised and never actualy done. I mean I was mad at the people who waste my time and efforts but there seem to be so many ... Hang in there ...there are still respectfull people out there ...Well I sure hope !

boo to them Crafty.

Euphoric !
    If we missed a doctor appointment of any kind we would receive a bill. Send them a bill! Wouldn't that be awesome? If we were actually paid for our time during and after work!

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Momof4 For This Useful Post:

Starting to feel at home...
    Aw....rude people stink ! I've been really lucky and I have only had a couple of no-show's for interviews, but I agree 100% with you. It's so disrespectful of your time, and it demonstrates a total disregard for the fact that you're meeting with them AFTER you've put in a full 10 hour day. Grrr....Keep on slogging - I 'm in the same spot as you. I have one space to fill (and I need it filled) and I am still interviewing folks. You'll find a family. In the mean time, give yourself the night off - have a long hot shower (or bath if you prefer) eat something yummy and treat yourself in some small way - just to keep your spirits up. =)

Euphoric !
    I think the worst thing that happened to me was the time a woman came a day early and I had to answer my door in my pajamas that I always jump into immediately after work when I have a nice evening to myself. She came back the next day and didn't even unbutton her coat and wasn't here very long. Yeah, thanks for wasting my time lady, what is wrong with some people? Then all of a sudden the most wonderful family in the world walks in your door with a sweet child and your faith in humanity is restored! Keep trying!

their loss! I had this happen to me alot when I was starting, it came to be one of those "when they set up the appt, I expected them not to come" things. ha ha it is the nature of the job. Just be careful...if someone doesnt show but calls later to appoligize, they better have a REALLY GOOD excuse, other wise "can them" before it actually becomes your problem. it generally shows they have little respect if they cant even call to let you know they are late, OR call to let you know they found other care. Just mark their name down, for when they screw up with the next day care and try calling you back. Dont take them! You'll fill the spot, dont worry.