Daycare and childcare providers in Winnipeg, Toronto, Vancouver, Ontario etc. in CanadaGarderies à Montréal ou au QuébecFind daycare or childcare providers in the USA
Forum control
+ Reply to Thread

Not an ugly parent story!

We all justifyably vent about the mistreatment of some of the parents we must deal with, however I thought I would share a feel good moment I had with a mom yesterday.
    Her son has been with me for 3 yrs and yesteday was his last day. Sweet boy and nice parents. His Grandma dropped him off and gave me a lovely box of chocolates and a hug. Very kind. His mom came for pick up with the most beautiful bouqet of assorted gorgeous flowers I have ever received. It was huge!! She gave me a card, and a long hug and said see you next year as her daughter will start with me in Sept/13. I was speechless with grief as a watched them go. Later I opened the card and she said such lovely things about knowing her child was safe and loved with me. Inside was also a $100 gift card to a restaurant. Wow! I had a little cry again. It feels so good to be acknowledged for the work we do. The card with her heartfelt appreciation was my favorite gift. It's a keepsake. Just thought I'd share this and say sometimes we have to deal with alot of unreasonableness and feel down and then someone comes along and makes us feel like everything we do is worthwhile. This good feeling is going to last a long time with me

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to mimi For This Useful Post:

That is wonderful Mimi! These are true gem parents! They appreciated all the care and hard work that you showed their little boy in the past 3 years. Aside the from gifts (which is wonderful on its own) they will be entrusting you with their daughter in the future. That speaks volumes! Good for you. You obviously done a terrific job in helping raise that little boy and they wanted to show their appreciation.

I too have one wonderful set of parents like this. Little Mothers Day cards, xmas gifts, and just such a warm and appreciative couple that are always thanking me for taking such good care of their daughter.

Wish there were more stories like this...

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Other Mummy For This Useful Post:

Outgoing
    That is amazing!! What a wonderful family! I am SO glad that you were noticed and appreciated for all the hard work that you do/did!

It is a little depressing that we seem to only vent and share about the mal treatment we receive. It would be nice if there were more stories like this. Especially from me lol I tend to concentrate on the bad treatment and keep the good treatment to myself.

The other parents I have (even the ones who had been giving me trouble since the beginning) are fantastic! My older boy's mom told me yesterday that since he's been here, his language level has improved drastically and the fights with his brother have decreased dramatically.

My other family, who I have had trouble with since the beginning, has begun showing me appreciation as well. Since I "made" them start bringing him full time, she says that his mood has increased (he's very moody) and he seems happier and talks more freely.

And them showing me gratitude and appreciation have made me return the favour, and be a little more patient with the little annoyances.

It makes me feel so good to be told that I am benefiting their childs' lives especially these past few weeks where I have been questioning what I can really offer the kids.

I hope your post makes people think more about the good in their daycares, and concentrate on that - even if it's only for the weekend

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Littledragon For This Useful Post:

Euphoric !
    That is wonderful. I agree that the presents are really nice but the words of thanks in the cards and emails that I've received over the years are my special treasures.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Momof4 For This Useful Post:

Awsome! It sure does make all the hard work and crazy days worth it, when we are acknowledged for what we do. So happy for you, what a lift of the spirit!