Daycare and childcare providers in Winnipeg, Toronto, Vancouver, Ontario etc. in CanadaGarderies à Montréal ou au QuébecFind daycare or childcare providers in the USA
Forum control

Threaded View

Starting to feel at home...

Daycares in the area....

Ok.....so I decided to browse through home daycares in my area to make sure I'm still within a good range for the amount I charge and I come across two things that bugged me.

#1: I came across a home daycare that gives a "discount" for the first month of care.

Sooooooo stupid IMO!!!!!!!!!!!!! As a parent I would think this was so weird.....like there must be a reason.....lack of quality????

#2: The average cost of childcare in the area (home daycare) is $40/day - non-ECE & $45/day ECE.

I came across an add for
    $31.75 1mth-4yrs
    $22 5yrs-6yrs
    $12 7yrs-10yrs

WHAT?!?!?!?!?!?!

How can anybody possibly afford to have such low rates?!?!?!?!?!?!?!? !?! Especially in my are!!!! I can't compete with that!!!!! AND as a parent I think that would be the biggest red flag in the world!!!!! Possibly millions of red fireworks exploding as well!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!

Ok....after reading my post I realized I am totally over reacting.....lol But still.....
    Last edited by BrightEyes; 09-08-2012 at 01:12 PM.