Daycare and childcare providers in Winnipeg, Toronto, Vancouver, Ontario etc. in CanadaGarderies à Montréal ou au QuébecFind daycare or childcare providers in the USA
Forum control
+ Reply to Thread
    Starting to feel at home...

What do you do during naptime?

Not sure if it's better to spend naptime getting stuff done so I can relax in the evening, or if I should spend it relaxing, so I have energy to get through the rest of the day. What do you all do?

Euphoric !
    I don't have a choice. My living room and dining room are turned into the sleep rooms for the playpens that I have to put up and take down daily. I've tried working in the kitchen but it bothers the children. It's better to close all the blinds and curtains and let them have quiet. So I read in my room and it is a blessing because the break in the middle of the day really helps me stay fresh.

Trust me; use that time to rest and reenergize.
    Children are great imitators.
    So give them something great to imitate.

~Anonymous~

Outgoing
    It depends on my day. Most of the time I try to have a nice quiet meal, then try to nap for 15-20mins. if I need. I try to do that as soon as the kids are out cause you never know if one will suddenly wake up and then I'll have miss my chance. Then if I have energy I will fold laundry, knitt, work on futur meal plans, crafts ... Then if I feel like it I have a small workout just before the kids wake up. I find it does get me way more energy for the afternoon and just help me keep a good mood. But first and foremost ...I rest that is my priority.

depends on the children I have..I have one who (if he hears ANY noise at all) will wake and cry, On those days (only twice a week) I DO have to be very quiet during nap time, I usually take advantage and go outside to get gardening done or take care of outdoor things, near the end of nap time, I will make more noise and get the housework done. On the days i dont have him, I will get EVERYTHING caught up around the house, clean the dishes, do a load or two of laundry, any paperwork that needs to be done, pay bills, eat lunch if I havent usually clean floors every couple days and will clean the bathroom top to bottom once a week. (and of course, pick up the mess in the living room) i like to bust my butt to get everything clean durring nap, alot of times I will also put most of the toys in the basement (where they are stored so I can have ny house back for the evening) and I usually get a little while to sit and relax before the kids wake. but I do not nap, unless I am feeling under the weather. I use that time to do my "housewife" chores, and when the kids get up, back to the noisy grind!!!! minus the heap of toys to wreck the house by the end of the day, usually have one bucket to choose from, or they read a book, color or we go outside and blow off some steam for an hour or two till time to go home.

My crew sleeps between 2-3 hours so I do a combination of rest / relaxation and chores that need to be done either for the 'daycare' or personal ones.
    Children construct their own intelligence. The adult must provide activities and context, but most of all must be able to listen. Children need proof that adults believe in them. Their three great desires are to be listened to, to understand, and to demonstrate that they are exactly what we expect."
    Loris Malaguzzi