Daycare and childcare providers in Winnipeg, Toronto, Vancouver, Ontario etc. in CanadaGarderies à Montréal ou au QuébecFind daycare or childcare providers in the USA
Forum control
+ Reply to Thread
    Expansive...

I hate back to school time

My 3yr old and his 5yr old sister are home for two days now with fevers and cold symptoms. Mom says that the fevers are gone but in the background I heard the sneezing and nasty coughs....and that "they will be coming tomorrow".

{{ I want to add that I saw this coming when mom on the first day of school, saw that it was raining very hard and still sent her son to me with only shorts and sandals. No jackets, sweater, runners...nadda. I lent him the only sweater my DD had that would fit him as he is bigger. Then the 5yr old refused to get on her bus to come home and I got the call after we were waiting 10min at the bus stop. Her teacher dropped her off and she was wearing a denim dress and it was damp, she too was out in the rain but didn't have anything packed either! -- So after that day I said, 'great, they're going to get us all sick now' }}

Then when the 10mos old woke up from her morning nap today, she was super cranky and sulky...I went to make her snack, come back in the room and she's full blown "faucet nose" and a low grade temp (37.7/99.9).

So that makes 3 or of the 4 kids in my house are sick....for now.

I'm running out and stocking up on Lysol, tissues and hand sanitizer plus orange juice for DD and I to see if we can prevent from catching it too (yeah right).

This sucks!!!
    Last edited by Mamma_Mia; 09-11-2012 at 11:24 AM. Reason: More Info
    Satisfaction Guaranteed or Double Your Kids Back!!

MamaMia, do you have "airborne" there? you know ,the little pill you put in your juice or water thats PACKED with vitamins for just such crud! Welcome back to (not only) the school year but cooler weather too! I had a sore throat come through my door today, and the Mom is an R.N. at the local Hospital. Why in the world do I have to say "he needs a throat swab, sounds like some VERY swollen tonsils back there!"......? Oh the fun!!!!!!

Expansive...
    I think we have something like that but just a different name....Emergen-C

http://www.emergenc.com/

My old boss used to live on this stuff....hummmmm
    Satisfaction Guaranteed or Double Your Kids Back!!

apples and bananas
    Wow! I'm used to seeing kids not want to get on the bus to go to school but they always want to come on the bus to go home. I'm shocked! that the teacher brought her.

I love back to school this year. Both of my kids are gone for the full day. The stop times changed this year and it works better around my naps. Quiet time is actually QUIET! Shocking! (except for the crier... but i'm gonna win this battle! )

I just hate making their lunches for the next day. I'm going to teach my kids to do it instead. I always made my own lunch growing up!

I hope everyone gets better soon. Nothing drives me more nuts when kids are dressed for pretty not functional.

Euphoric !
    We are all getting sick here too! Change in weather and back to school all at once...fun times! Other than that, I am loving it because my 4 year old is at school all day and it is soooo quiet...especially at naptime

Euphoric !
    Knocking on wood that my dckids stay healthy!

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Momof4 For This Useful Post: