Hello. On my contract I state my open hours (7am to 5pm). I also have a section where the parent fills in their drop off and pick up time. I have a parent who stated on contract that his drop off/p up times would be 8:30 & 5:15. I agreed to the 5:15, without any extra fee. Parent also advised that from time to time meetings come up and he would be picking up close to 6pm. I thought, no problem...I can deal with time to time, after all, this 1 year old is a filler client, I advised them from the beginning in June that I can only take her until February (when I have a new full time starting). So...drop offs/pick ups have been gradually getting earlier & later. Now, he's at the door with her between 7:15 & 7:30 and not picking her up until about 6:15 (all of my other pick ups occur by 4:30). I am exhausted by the end of the day with this little one. I understand that it is a really busy time at work for him & that he's also (on his own) dealing with a toddler at a very busy stage at home. I've now requested that he call me by noon if he is going to be picking up later than 5:15pm and am thinking of instituting an extra fee for the late times.

So...after all that my questions....I am wondering if you all charge extra after a certain amount of hours of care...or just for the time period that the care occurs beyond your open time?
I am thinking $5/every 15 min. past 5:15 in this case, but am torn if it's morally right as I was flexible from the start with times and that no where in their contract does it mention extra fees for late pick ups (I never have this problem with my regular teacher clients but have since amended my contract to include that).