Daycare and childcare providers in Winnipeg, Toronto, Vancouver, Ontario etc. in CanadaGarderies à Montréal ou au QuébecFind daycare or childcare providers in the USA
Forum control
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Magnet wall=awesome!!

Here's a link to my weekend project.....sooo easy! Best part...it occupied my 3 under 2 DCKs most of the day yesterday (& was a fantastic backdrop for my felt stories!!) I happened to get all of my materials for free (leftover from a house project) & was ecstatic to finally have a use for the oodles of magnets I have horded/inherited over the years....
    http://ohhappyday.com/2012/08/magnet-wall-diy/
    Children are great imitators.
    So give them something great to imitate.

~Anonymous~

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Dreamalittledream For This Useful Post:

Shy
    That's really cool. My kids love magnets too. I have a magnet board I purchased from ikea that my kids love to play with, smaller in scale but still great. I also painted a large chalk board in our playroom but that was a big mistake, my kids (all 2 and under) don't get that you can write on some things and not others! Big blue chalk marks on my brand new carpet taught me that lesson quick. Also the chalk dust is pretty bad on the carpet even when used correctly.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Yarnlover For This Useful Post:

i also purchased a magnetic strip you can put on the wall and display the kids art work from ikea. I use it under an empty space on our counters that faces toward the dining room and parents can see from the front door, we call it the "art wall" my kids and the day care kids hang their art their (from school/day care) to share for all to see! super cute, I love ikea! very creative store. artsy fartsy!!!

6. The Following User Says Thank You to kidlove For This Useful Post:

Euphoric !
    Awesome! What a great idea. Just don't set your laptop down beside that manetic wall and wipe out your hard drive.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Momof4 For This Useful Post:

Euphoric !
    I love it! I just moved and now have a huge daycare space that I am working on setting up...this would be awesome! Much much better than letters on the fridge! Now to find some sheet metal....

10. The Following User Says Thank You to sunnydays For This Useful Post:

Quess what my hubby's making this weekend?!

12. The Following User Says Thank You to mimi For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by kidlove View Post
    i also purchased a magnetic strip you can put on the wall and display the kids art work from ikea. I use it under an empty space on our counters that faces toward the dining room and parents can see from the front door, we call it the "art wall" my kids and the day care kids hang their art their (from school/day care) to share for all to see! super cute, I love ikea! very creative store. artsy fartsy!!!
    . Great idea!! What better excuse for a trip to Ikea..... Visa Bill I am apologizing now.

~Anonymous~

That is an awesome idea wish I had big wall available like that and wee children of my own still so my spouse would be on board with something like that being permanent!

I am like Yarnlover and bought a large magnet wipe off board and one side is the magnetic wipe off and the other I glued felt too so that it can serve three purposes in their play depending on which side is placed outward and what I set out in the environment or what they choose from the shelves ... sadly I have a tiny space and have to always choose carefully what I place in it has lots of varied uses so that it does not look 'crowded' but provides them with many options ... plus since my spouse does not want anything on my walls ~ mine is not attached and can be tucked behind the couch out of site when not in use
    Children construct their own intelligence. The adult must provide activities and context, but most of all must be able to listen. Children need proof that adults believe in them. Their three great desires are to be listened to, to understand, and to demonstrate that they are exactly what we expect."
    Loris Malaguzzi

Euphoric !
    At the downtown library in my city they have an old fridge door mounted on their wall and that's where they have their magnetic letters. It makes me giggle every time. But there's another idea for you.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Momof4 For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Momof4 View Post
    At the downtown library in my city they have an old fridge door mounted on their wall and that's where they have their magnetic letters. It makes me giggle every time. But there's another idea for you.
    . Love that idea!!! Repurposing something that would be otherwise just sitting in a waste heap somewhere & using it with whimsy

~Anonymous~