Daycare and childcare providers in Winnipeg, Toronto, Vancouver, Ontario etc. in CanadaGarderies à Montréal ou au QuébecFind daycare or childcare providers in the USA
Forum control
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Outgoing
    Out of the mouths of babes, eh Other Mummy? I haven't been called a babysitter yet, but I think I would just be very surprised... I'm over 50, and to me, a babysitter is a gum-chewing, attitude-filled, Rihanna wanna-be...I think the look on my face would probably speak volumes LOL

jec
    I just tell people that I don't sit on the babies- I'm a daycare provider.
    Usually they will give you a stunned look and then a laugh afterwards

Quote Originally Posted by jec View Post
    I just tell people that I don't sit on the babies- I'm a daycare provider.
    Usually they will give you a stunned look and then a laugh afterwards

jec, that's perfect! It incorporates humour, but lets you have your say. They won't forget, I'm sure. I might use that one. Thanks!!

A couple of years ago an interviewee was asking me how many children I care for F/T and P/T. I told her my numbers and since she knew my fees she quickly did the math. Figuring out my weekly income she was impressed I almost made as much as her for "just for staying at home" I already kind of knew I wouldn't be taking her on as a client because of other dismissive remarks she had made, but that one solidified my decision.

Quote Originally Posted by mimi View Post
    A couple of years ago an interviewee was asking me how many children I care for F/T and P/T. I told her my numbers and since she knew my fees she quickly did the math. Figuring out my weekly income she was impressed I almost made as much as her for "just for staying at home" I already kind of knew I wouldn't be taking her on as a client because of other dismissive remarks she had made, but that one solidified my decision.
    holy moley! Did you let her know she'd offended you? I totally would have. That's horrifying. So what was her incredible job that you shouldn't make as much as her? Like, was she a surgeon or some other such lifesaving person?
    ...ugh!

Euphoric !
    Ok, but tell her the total of your expenses and ask her if she could afford to lose that much off her paycheck!!!

You know there are some people you would take the time to educate about something they don't understand and then there are others whose narcissitic perceptions can't be change no matter how much breath you waste explaining something to them. I think I answered her about all the great "perks" I have "just staying at home" just to rub it in. I think she was an office administrator with "people working under her" Poor slobs!