Daycare and childcare providers in Winnipeg, Toronto, Vancouver, Ontario etc. in CanadaGarderies à Montréal ou au QuébecFind daycare or childcare providers in the USA
Forum control
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    apples and bananas
    I hope it's not too bad and everyone gets better soon. I keep hearing about everyone getting sick.. the time of year I guess... Lucky for me, no ones come down with anything so far. (knock Knock)

I tell parents exactly what symptoms me or my children have beyond a runny nose and cough. If they are too sick to go to school then the parents are informed and I give them the option to bring their children or not. It's up to them. I don't reccomend one way or the other I just let them know and they can make their own choice.

As for me! I only had to close once due to my own illness. I was up all night in the bathroom and I only had one client coming the next day. I text her at 3am and told her I was no good to care for anyone. She text me back first thing when she woke up and wished me well... no harm done. I close when I can't care for all the kids. I let the parents know if I'm feeling run down or catching something.

I dont' charge for sick days... theirs or mine. I do that so no one feels like that have to get their money's worth by bringing their children. It keeps their kids home when sick and keeps them away from us when we're sick. I have a seperate account that I have set up for emergencies just like that and pay myself when those days come up.

I've been lucky to never have more then one flu run through the daycare in the year and a bit I've been open.

Starting to feel at home...
    Yeah he feels for the parents having to scramble for alternate care ...... his train of thought was well you don't know if it is strep ...why not wait for a diagnosis .... lets just say he is regretting his words lol