Daycare and childcare providers in Winnipeg, Toronto, Vancouver, Ontario etc. in CanadaGarderies à Montréal ou au QuébecFind daycare or childcare providers in the USA
Forum control
+ Reply to Thread
    Expansive...

Interview MADNESS

I'm losing my patience with my interviews.

I've never had such a streak of terrible and weird interviews and I'm starting to worry that I'm not going to find someone by the end of the month.

This process started out with a dry streak I'd never seen before but looking aroud at the age of the babies in the area I was confident calls would start coming. And they did!

One interview the father got really up in arms about sickness while his wife tried to tell him that she's read my policy and its quite good and fair. He then said that he wanted me to tell him if any of the OTHER children were sick so he could skip that day of care and use it the next week. When I told him that I would be able to OWE parents days due to other's illnesses he did not seem impressed.

Last night I had an interview with a lady and her sister (who is an ECE and therefore knows what to look for). The mother stay outside with her baby. Her sister told me it was because the baby was upset (This morning my current child went out of her way to point out that the baby was fine and that mom was just sitting there). Anyways so I gave sister the tour and talked a little. She then said she would go get her sister. The mother came in with the baby and sister stayed outside this time. She I eend up giving mom the same tour. at the end of the tour she leaves. I asked her to stay so I can get to know her little one and mom told me that her daughter was upset because it was her dinner time. (the kid was laughing and googling). She then said she'd call me and let me know. I told heer that if she was interested I'd need her to come for another interview as I would like to get to know her child and ask some questions. She looked confused about this.

This is how things are going right now . . . .

I know my home and my program are more than parents expect from a daycare. I know I'm good at this . . . . WTF?????!!!!!

Outgoing
    Sorry you are having a rough time with interviews. It sounds like the mother/sister combo you had weren't really looking for care, but were checking you out to see how you run things. Very suspicious.
    Hope you find a good fit soon!

Expansive...
    You think so? Dammit! I'm totally open. if they wanted advice on running a daycare I would have helped them!

Expansive...
    I love how parents just think that we are working for THEM, and will work our program around THEIR needs. I mean, to an extent we can be flexible with some aspects of programming but we don't own our businesses for you to come in a tell us how it should be run! That last interview was totally weird with the sister and Mom splitting up??
    Hope some better interviewers come your way!

Wow, both sound like a "no Go", the first one, hmmm sounds like you would end up having trouble with the Dad at some point, good call there! and the second one boggles me!!!!! that sounds really strange, was the mom trying to protect her child or something? Weird to say the least, hold out, something "normal" is bound to come your way!

Euphoric !
    Eeeeks! Run away from those families! Best of luck with the next ones and don't get discouraged. I've been there and then all of a sudden the perfect families showed up just when I wanted to cry my eyes out. It will happen for you too but keep the faith.