Daycare and childcare providers in Winnipeg, Toronto, Vancouver, Ontario etc. in CanadaGarderies à Montréal ou au QuébecFind daycare or childcare providers in the USA
Forum control
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

"mocking-parent"

Why do some parents "mock" my rules and reminders? I recently sent out a reminder/changes letter to all parents. Had a post about it last week. In it, I reminded parents of some things that have been becoming a problem for me and let them know of some things I have decided to change. In the letter where things like:
    *no longer allowing "outside food" to come in...(I also stated why) said there have been issues with "others wanting what that one child has". asked if food be brought in, it should be healthy and enough for all (due to respect for others)
    *i reminded them to pay on time or a late fee will be added.
    *I reminded them to sign up for snack once a month for all the children.
    * I reminded of new hours 7:30-5:35
    *also asked if ALL kids could be dropped off by 9 am I would appreciate it due to the effect of the days sched, i.e. naps, meals, and preschool.

among many other things that have been going on with out care.

so...this one family. Gets the letter...first day. picks up 20 minutes late.
    next day (last day for dues before late fee) no payment!
    next day, Mom calls in the am and says (with such concern) is it ok if we arent there by 9am? i have to sell tomatoes this am and cant make it on time.
    Then when she does come with her son, (today is his last day) she says..(again with concern) am I allowed to bring this? (holding up a bag with small containers of icecream in it) because you said "no outside food" (with a tone).

I take in all in stride...I am well aware she is mocking me and can only imagine, she and her hubby probly make fun of me in their liesure.(sp) I feel like they view me as "an uptight rulesy broad" Whatever I guess....no surprise though that their son is the one who won't say goodbye to me in the afternoon and spits in my face. Whatever I guess.

Euphoric !
    So did you charge her a late fee for picking up late ?
    Did you charge her a late fee for paying late?
    Did you allow her to drop off her child after 9 am?
    Did you allow the ice cream?
    Have you writen the term notice due to an air of disrespect towards yourself and your business?

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Crayola kiddies For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Crayola kiddies View Post
    So did you charge her a late fee for picking up late ?
    Did you charge her a late fee for paying late?
    Did you allow her to drop off her child after 9 am?
    Did you allow the ice cream?
    Have you writen the term notice due to an air of disrespect towards yourself and your business?
    I was going to write the same thing!

You have to DEMAND respect to get respect!

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Play and Learn For This Useful Post:

Today is his last day, figured after 3.5 years of care, wasn't going to make a deal on their last week with me. almost wonder if they were doing it all on purpose? maybe a way of saying "you can't tell me what to do". the apple doesn't fall far from the tree on this one, cuz that's the battle I have had with this boy too.....hmmm..wonder where he gets it from. I think I may crack a joke when she picks up though. "don't worry, I waived your late fee, for pick-up on monday and paying late this week, my little going away gift to you!"
    just funny....no matter how hard you try, some people will never change their ways.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to kidlove For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by kidlove View Post
    Today is his last day, figured after 3.5 years of care, wasn't going to make a deal on their last week with me. almost wonder if they were doing it all on purpose? maybe a way of saying "you can't tell me what to do". the apple doesn't fall far from the tree on this one, cuz that's the battle I have had with this boy too.....hmmm..wonder where he gets it from. I think I may crack a joke when she picks up though. "don't worry, I waived your late fee, for pick-up on monday and paying late this week, my little going away gift to you!"
    just funny....no matter how hard you try, some people will never change their ways.
    BUT, I can, cause you're in MY HOME!

apples and bananas
    I can't believe you've held on to a family like this for so long. I love running my daycare, but the hardest part is letting people I don't really know into my home. And for someone to outright disrespect me? No thank you!

Good on you for keeping you cool in the last week of care. No sense in causing a fuss over 1 week.

but seriously... who brings ice cream to daycare?

apples and bananas
    I like the signing up for a snack idea... but I think I will adjust it to fit my needs of my daycare.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to apples and bananas For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by apples and bananas View Post
    I like the signing up for a snack idea... but I think I will adjust it to fit my needs of my daycare.

This I like! lol

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Play and Learn For This Useful Post:

Euphoric !
    Wow, thank goodness they are done! Good luck finding a better family to fill this space kidlove. You don't deserve disrespect in your own home. I wouldn't put up with it ever.

Expansive...
    Quote Originally Posted by apples and bananas View Post
    I used to bring my DD's provider a coffee every Friday! I find it sooooo rude when they come to the door holding their cups of tim's or starbucks - it's such a tease! Leave it in the car or hand it over! lol
    Satisfaction Guaranteed or Double Your Kids Back!!