Daycare and childcare providers in Winnipeg, Toronto, Vancouver, Ontario etc. in CanadaGarderies à Montréal ou au QuébecFind daycare or childcare providers in the USA
Forum control
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Starting to feel at home...
    I started my daycare so I could continue to stay home with my children (4 and 5). My husband has been in and out of work for the past couple of years and if I had gone back to work outside the home, my kids would have been in and out of daycare just as my husband was in and out of work (we refused to pay for daycare if one of us is home for whatever reason!)

Not until I actually started doing daycare did I realize so many more benefits!
    -My kids LOVE it... they LOVE having their friends around as well as their Mom! (they actually are dissappointed on the weekend when the kids dont come)
    -I get to spend the summer outside playing!
    -I get to grab my kids and give them a snuggle whenever I want
    -I get to wear comfy clothes and running shoes.... and sandles in the summer
    -I get to do all sorts of crafts and painting and fun messy stuff.... outside in the summer
    -Im my own boss, I dont have to answer to anyone, I can decided my hours, breaks, vacations and I dont have to work for someone who has no appreciation for how hard I work (which was my life before kids)

Outgoing
    My main reason for opening a day home was so I could be there for my kids and raise them myself. I love being home when my kids get home from school. I love not having to leave the house on cold winter days if I don't want to and spending so much time outside in the spring - fall with the kids. I like being my own boss and setting my own hours. I love spending time with all the kids, watching them grow, learn something new and reaching their milestones.
    The Daycare Room ~ A forum for providers ~
    http://thedaycareroom.forumotion.ca/

Starting to feel at home... Sunflower's Avatar
    great thread !
    Love being able to watch my 2 boys grow up... my values etc
    No more 3 hour traffic each day!
    the snow... ah yes, the snow. I get to play in in instead of drive in it ! LOL
    I get to wear jeans all week long.
    If for some reason I didn't have time to do my hair, a pony tail is acceptable (although I ALWAYS do my make-up no matter what )
    I get to spend a few hours a day in the great outdoors .
    I can save $ or dress clothes, lunches, gas,parking,1 car vs 2. no daycare fees.
    Get to hug my boys when ever I want.
    PJ days!
    Get to play with the cutest little girls : ) it;s nice since I have 2 boys lol
    can clean up the house and cook my supper before DH gets home.
    I am my own boss and no longer get payed to have people yell at me! (gotta love call centers!)
    I could go on and on.. guess that's a good sign: )

Starting to feel at home... Tot-Time's Avatar
    The most important reason I am home is because I always want to be there for my daughters! My hubby is military and not always home.

I am ECE and worked in a centre for around a year, about 5 years ago. I ABSOLUTELY HATED when my daughter's school would call the office and the director refused to let me know my child was sick and needed to be picked up because she didn't want her office assistant to have to replace me because I left work early!!!!! After a year of working in the centre, we were posted, and I went right back to home daycare, didn't even look for another job in a centre. So my girls remain the most important reason! Gosh what am I going to do in less than 2 years and they are both in high school, can I still use them as my main reason then?

When my girls were little we lived in Petawawa with only 1 vehicle, I loved children, wanted playmates for my children, needed a second income and home daycare seemed like it met what I wanted. I guess in many ways it still does. The only part about home daycare that I don't like is the isolation. I wish we could have a double daycare and I was able to have someone working with me

I love the warmer weather, especially summer when everyone gravitates to the parks and I can socialize more with my friends lol.
    ~*~ Nicole's Tot-Time Daycare ~*~
    www.nicolestot-time.com

Shy
    I opened my daycare just this year after i had my son. I always wanted to have my own daycare since i could remember i think it's because my mom ran one for 15 years till my brother and i were in high school then she went back to work. I used to be a personal support worker a rewarding job but a crappy just too. Midnights sucked but didn't mind them to much i was a night owl anyways they were better than days to much politics!! After i had my son i started to advertise still need people but they will come i hope.

So i wanted to do this because i wanted to stay home and raise my son and not miss anything he does.
    I get weekends off Yay
    I can relax during nap time
    i can play outside in the summer
    no driving YAY
    extra money
    i get to play with toy and read kids books without looking creepy
    and i get to sing and dance even though i look like a freak but no one cares
    I can start the day in my pj's and get ready when i have 5 min no one cares just throw my hair up put a bra on and good to go LOL.
    And i still need to find out about all the tax benefits but i like that to.

Personally I wish I had done it a long time ago! Of course the main reason is my own children. They are all in school full time now...to be honest, I am not sure I could have handled my own three plus a few more. It took me a few years away from toddlers and babies to really MISS them to the point where I enjoy them again (ain't gonna lie).

So I went back to school, finished a useless degree, and found myself in a position where I could continue my education, or work for about 20 dollars an hour outside the home. Problem with working outside the home is that with THREE children of my own, summers, although not cost prohibitive, would have been next to useless, as most of my paycheques would have gone to child care. I have seen mothers do this, and I have never understood it.

So, um...win-win?? Hehe! Play all day with adorable little people, and I get to walk my kids to and from school and be with from 3:15 on every day! I'd say that's a pretty good deal.

Starting to feel at home...
    I opened up my own day home as my day home provider moved leaving me with the long terrible search for new care. I had already searched for her for over a year. I quit my job during that year and interviewed so many day homes. When I finally found her she became my angel. She provided me a peace of mind and gift that can never be replaced to this day.

Once I decided to open up my day home I started the logistics of it. It took about a week for me to cry on my bed realizing I can be someone else's angel. It started from there.

I also love the perks of never driving in the snow, walking downstairs to work, weekends off, making my own holiday days, outside time every day, a nice break during rest time, get to be with my son every day.

Shy
    Honestly, I just didn't want to go back to work! I'm not overly clingy but couldn't bear the thought of leaving my daughter with someone else! I feel very lucky that we can afford for me to do this because many families can not. I think it's very important for my daughter to be around other children and even though she is too busy with her friends to notice me....I don't miss a thing!

Because I would NEVER put my own kids in daycare. Period.

#1 reason-to be with my son (and future children) and not miss any firsts, but can't afford not having an income.
    Didn't want to go back to working 2 crappy pt retail jobs and pay someone else to be w/my children.
    Have always loved taking care of children-worked previously in a daycare centre and have always watched my friends kids.
    Like the relaxed wardrobe.
    Like being own boss and not having to deal w/politics/gossip.
    I make the rules-hours, schedule, meals.

Basically everything already mentioned
    Cheeky Monkey Daycare